Credit where it's due
- It was also reformatted by Rmhermen, which is a legitimate contribution to the quote as transferred. (There were other subsequent article changes by others, but none that affected the quote itself.) ~ Jeff Q (talk) 15:27, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- If Peter Drucker is responsible for legitimizing the field of management and Tom Peters for popularizing it, then Charles Handy should be known as the person who gave it a philosophical elegance and eloquence that was missing from the field.
- Warren Bennis, leadership and management scholar and writer
- Villages are small and personal, and their inhabitants have names, characters, and personalities. What more appropriate concept on which to base our institutions of the future than the ancient social unit whose flexibility and strength substained human society through millenia?
- Charles Handy, leadership and management scholar
- When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is usually the reputation of the business that remains intact.
- "Management is the gate through which social and economic and political change, indeed change in every direction, is diffused though society."
- Management means decision-making.
- Rose Moore