If anyone needs a source for the Beyonce quote go to mcarchives.com and search in 'news' for "VISION OF LOVE" SETS OFF MELISMA TREND.
Likewise, the Michael Jackosn quote is from
It is translated from Spanish.
I would like to know why someone randomly deleted the Whitney quote, please!
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Mariah Carey. --Antiquary 18:20, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- "Everyone's a diva these days."
- "Forget the image, forget the ensemble, forget the rumours, forget the short skirts, the big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you."
- Accepting Artist Of The Decade Award at the Billboard Music Awards.
- "How are you, daaarrrling?!"
- When asked what one question she would ask Marilyn Monroe in a 2005 interview
- "There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train!"
- "It was definitely a great way to spend a Wednesday night"
- About the 2006 Grammys, at which she won three awards
- "I feel that, because of technology, certain artists are disposable and it's a producer's world in a lot of ways. Protocols might as well be on the cover of most people's albums today."
- "She's an actress, you know, while I've been doing this my whole life. Singing is first and foremost. Her thing is something different. She has nothing to do with competing with me.
- I'm a singer and I write my own songs, I don't know about anyone else, and if someone happens to have the same hairstyle as me... that's not my problem."
- About Jennifer Lopez
- "What made you think I did that? It's called a push-up bra. It costs $14."
- When asked if she had had a breast augmentation, in a 2001 interview.
- "I think she's fabulous and hilarious. I didn't hear it, but when they asked me about it outside I just started to laugh. I said I suppose it must have been the best boob job in the world if I didn't even remember it. I'm going to send her one of my push-up bras so she can have it too."
- About Sharon Osbourne who claimed Carey had had "The best boob job in Hollywood" whilst introducing her at the 2003 American Music Awards.
- "Dear Sharon, THESE are the best boob jobs in Hollywood. Love, Mariah."
- In a note to Sharon Osbourne, along with three Victoria's Secret bras.
- I know breasts, and if they are fake, they are the single best boob job i've ever felt in my young 33 year life; for real!
- "I can still count on one hand the number of men I've slept with [March 2006]."
- "'They' all said I'd had a nervous breakdown, but people don't recover from nervous breakdowns three days later!"
- To the people who claimed Carey had a 'nervous breakdown' in 2001.
- "If 'they' counted me out, then they just have to count me back in."
- To the people who claimed that her career was over after her 2001 'breakdown'.
- "Because I'm not beaming with a radiant smile every two minutes, then I'm lonely and waiting for my hero? Well, guess what? I'm not waiting for my hero. I'm my own hero. That's my job."
- "Music is what I love and it's what I feel and it's in me and to know that I can do something that I enjoy and hopefully bring some enjoyment to other people through what I do is an incredible felling and I am just really thankful for it."
- "Then Joan Rivers, at the Oscars, said, 'Let me see, Mariah. Everyone says you gained weight.' You know what's really sick about that? The message we're sending to kids."
- "I always felt like the rug could be pulled out from under me at anytime. And coming from a racially mixed background, I always felt like I didn't really fit in anywhere."
- "I don't mind being compared to Whitney [Houston], there are people miles worse to be compared to."
- "I nearly didn't get here because there wasn't a red carpet for me."
- Poking fun at her diva image while picking up the Outstanding Contribution To Music award at the 2005 Capital FM awards.
- "A lot of people are singing about how screwed up the world is, and I don't think that everybody wants to hear about that all the time."
- "Butterflies are always following me, everywhere I go."
- "I don't think anyone knows as much about what's right for me as I do."
- I hope to be around past the 90's. I don't want to just be categorized as one of this era. My goal is to have a career that stands.
- "I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is ‘divadom,’ it really is."
- "I prayed very hard for this to happen and it happened. I don't even think about what I've achieved, I haven't focused on it and I wish I had, because I really want to enjoy it, and I don't know if I am enjoying it, because I am going through my life like a bulldozer. I still haven't marvelled at it."
- "I'm not one of those people that goes into details of my personal life on national TV to get attention. Some things are better left unsaid."
- "I'm really fortunate. I'm really happy, and I'm really really lucky to be where I am."
- "If critics have problems with my personal life, it's their problem. Anybody with half a brain would realize that it's the charts that count."
- "If you see me as just the princess, then you misunderstand who I am and what I have been through."
- "In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best."
- "It's hard to be someone that people talk about and write about, you know? They don't know me."
- "My heart has never been broken, I've never broken anyone else's."
- "This is for all of you out there tonight, reaching for a dream - don't ever give up! Never ever listen to anyone, when they try to discourage you, because they do that, believe me!"
- "You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, "I'm proud of what I am and who I am, and I'm just going to be myself."
- "I may believe in Santa, but I'm not delusional."