Should we name the page "mathematicians" (plural), since that more implies a general rather than individual case? Would setup a redirect for the mathematician page. SkyOdyssey 09:18, 6 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Done ~ Kalki 09:33, 6 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there.
- Uncertain, often misattributed to Charles Darwin
- A topologist is one who doesn't know the difference between a doughnut and a coffee cup.
- You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.
- The mathematician has reached the highest rung on the ladder of human thought.
- There are two kinds of mistakes. There are fatal mistakes that destroy a theory; but there are also contingent ones, which are useful in testing the stability of a theory.
- Give us something to take home!
- Some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore: How they got that way
- It is impossible to be a mathematician without being a poet in soul.
- Think Explore Solve Lookback.
- lottery: Taxation for the mathematically inept.