removed references to other quote archive
Sites that are compendiums of quotes (much like Wikiquote) are not primary sources, and should not be used as references in Wikiquote (it would be rather circular to reference a quote on one quote compendium with a another compendium). This is discussed in Wikiquote:Sourcing if you'd like to read more about it.
- "I think that compared to other teams we are looking competitive, but we need to wait till everybody is running on low fuel and with new tyres. I still reckon that there are four teams capable of winning."
- "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
- "We are always there, we always fight, we never give up... that's why we are here."
- "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
- "I like to share my life, and spend time with someone I love. That has worked 100 per cent with my wife. "
- "I will do everything I can to bring the Number One to Ferrari. The whole team and all the fans deserve it."
- "In sport there is never any moment that is the same as the other. I have been in Formula One for 12 years, and out of that I had one year with the perfect car. "
- "My kids are not known, and I think that is very important. So far they have lived a normal life, and will continue to do so. I feel they should have the possibility to live a free life without the burden of fame I have created. "
About Schumacher, Unsourced
- Formula One driver David Coulthard:
- "Winning at Monza was a fitting way to announce his departure. Irrespective of whether people are believers in Michael's race ethics or not, you have to recognise he's been a great champion and it's the end of an era."
- Formula One driver Jarno Trulli:
- "We will miss him a little bit as a driver. We will miss him a lot in the football matches."
- Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton :
"Michael achieved great things, he's phenomenal, and I don't think many other drivers could have done as well as he has, so I don't expect to go and beat his record, but at one point it has to be a goal"
- Mercedes motorsport head Norbert Haug:
- "For me it is sad to learn that he will retire. With his retirement, an era of Formula One racing ends."
- Comedian Al Murray:
- "Well we've got to discuse the Schumacher question. Let's face it. Old Schumacher, we have to face this. He's German. He's German, The car's Italian. He's German, the car's Italian, but it's designed by British designers. He's one of us! He's driving for Britain! He's British, technically, on paper!"