|This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion.
See its archived VfD entry for details.
Shouldn't "Stop the press" be under the "Langeisms Following a Penguins' Goal"? He usually states it when the Pens score a late goal ... stop printing tomorrow's paper cause the outcome has changed or is changing.
- perhaps, i'm not sure because I've never heard him say it. feel free to move it if you know where it belongs for sure. 126.96.36.199 19:06, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
I'm going to start re-writing the article. I'm going to try and locate media stories that discuss him, hoping some them will talk about his catch phrases. And they might have some interesting quotes from him or about him. FloNight♥♥♥ 13:44, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- Still looking for sources for several quotes that I plan to add back later. FloNight♥♥♥ 16:46, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Urban Legend? 
I added some stuff about Arnold Slick, but it's not all verifiable. Now, I swear I heard a broadcaster tell that story on the air that Arnold Slick from Turtle Creek being a contestant on that promotion. Lange was doing TV at the time and Steigerwald and (fill in the blank) were on radio. It was the color man who told the story. This was at least 5 years ago so it's not on the internet....
In the absence of any information for things like this, is urban legend or rumor acceptable? For example, I also heard that "Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too" had something to do with a blind man who frequented a certain bar (as a jazz fan, Lange does spend time in some clubs) with his guide dog. But I can't prove it.
Erink 03:49, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
You might want to add "Lookout Loretta" to your Langeism page. This may be a reference to the country singer Loretta Lynn of "Coalminer's Daughter" fame.
- Great balls of fire!
- Lange's first goal call in 1974
- And Lord Stanley, Scratch Their Names On Your Fabled Cup! The Pittsburgh Penguins are Stanley Cup Champions, 2009!
- Stated when the Pens won the 2009 Stanley Cup