1. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." ~ Carl Sagan
See "Marcello Truzzi" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcello_Truzzi on Wikipedia or the Carl Sagan article. Truzzi coined it first as "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."
2. "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand." ~ James Randi, AKA "The Amazing Randi"
Randi said he didn't coin this. See origin info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cultural_references_to_psychokinesis_and_telekinesis
- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
- If you see a two-headed pig, keep your mouth shut.
- There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
- Science commits suicide when it adopts a creed.
- The universe is not only queerer than we imagine; it is queerer than we can imagine.