- An artist is somebody who enters into competition with God.
- Artists are traditionally resistant to labels.
- Christianity made us think there's one heaven.
- Everyone thinks of God as a man - you can't help it - Santa Claus was a man, therefore God has to be a man.
- I always enjoyed doing transgender songs.
- I can't say I was a Rasta but I went through a period when I was studying all aspects of Rastafarianism, including smoking a lot of pot while reading the Bible!
- I have a daughter who's 11 years old. Maybe she'll grow up independent and really really heavy and become a movie star and she'll play me in my life story.
- I like gettin' old
- I look at these kids, you know, and I could be their mother, their mistress, their older woman. Some of the kids at the concerts are 15.
- I only planned it out till I was 28. I figured at 28, the black dress, the gutter in Paris, I had it - like a B movie of Piaf.
- In the period where I had to live the life of a citizen - a life where, like everybody else, I did tons of laundry and cleaned toilet bowls, changed hundreds of diapers and nursed children - I learned a lot.
- Let's just say that I think any person who aspires, presumes, or feels the calling to be an artist has a built-in sense of duty.
- Mohammed personally mapped out seven heavens. If he got to seven, you know there's more.
- No, my work does not reflect my sexual preferences, it reflects the fact that I feel total freedom as an artist
- Somehow I started introducing writing into my drawings, and after a time, the language took over and I started getting very involved with the handwriting and then the look of the handwriting.
- When I was younger, I felt it was my duty to wake people up. I thought poetry was asleep. I thought rock 'n' roll was asleep.
- Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.