- I think many experiences are bound to be failures, and sometimes I regret them before they even happen.
- When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
- I have no regrets. I wouldn't have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say.
- Regret for time wasted can become a power for good in the time that remains, if we will only stop the waste and the idle, useless regretting.
- At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.
- It took me less than half a lifetime to realize that regret is one of the few guaranteed certainties. Sooner or later everything is touched by it, despite our naive and senseless hope that just this time we will be spared its cold hand on our heart
- A great source of calamity lies in regret and anticipation; therefore a person is wise who thinks of the present alone, regardless of the past or future.
- A man has cause for regret only when he sows and no one reaps.
- Apologizes are pointless, regrets come too late. What matters is you can move, on you can grow.
- I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid.
- Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
- If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.”
- I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences... I'm human, not perfect, like anybody else.
- Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret.
- Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
- Regret is an odd emotion because it comes only upon reflection. Regret lacks immediacy, and so its power seldom influences events when it could do some good.
- Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.
- A man is not old until his regrets take the place of his dreams
- We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”
- There is nothing to regret - either for those who go or for those who are left behind.
- Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
- As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.
- Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.
- Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
- Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret. Today's duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way is to do them in their proper time.
- Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.
- Regrets are idle; yet history is one long regret. Everything might have turned out so differently.
- A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Regret, usually, is to gain a connection to humanity and an illusion of empathy.
If regret neither heals the heart, nor makes retribution for the cause; to what good is regret, unless it changes the way one lives in the present ? Bruce Filmore Dunn