Everyboby should feel free to edit, add , expand , and in general help impove this article.--McNoddy 10:13, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
- I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move.
- Our mistreatment was just not right, and I was tired of it.
- I didn't want to pay my fare and then go around the back door, because many times, even if you did that, you might not get on the bus at all. They'd probably shut the door, drive off, and leave you standing there.
- My only concern was to get home after a hard day's work.
- Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again.
- I wanted to be free as everybody else. I didn't want to be constantly humiliated for something I had no influence on: the color of my skin.
- Somebody has to say "Stop!" some time, and that seemed to be the right station to stop the constant harassment and find out, which human rights I was entitled to.
- Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground.
- James Blake: Well, I'm going to have you arrested.
Rosa Parks: You may go on and do so.