- Do not repair another man's fence until you have seen to your own.
- If you love yourself others will hate you, if you humble yourself others will love you.
- Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.
- The only reason I self-doubt myself is so others won't do it for me.
- If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won before you have started.
- If you don't love yourself, how can you expect others to see what's so beautiful?