Talk:Sex and the City
- Indent every part of the quote with a colon (:), including scene context. Only the <hr width="50%" /> should not be indented.
- Scene content (location, time, past event, etc. not who the character is addressing) is added in braces () before the quote and is in italic (i.e. [The four women are eating at a Burger King]).
- Use only the first name of the characters. This saves space and there is a cast list at the bottom.
- Bold the name of the speaker by '''Name''': to make "Name: ".
- At this point, do not add Wikipedia links ([[w:|]]) to the characters. As of now (14 June 2006) only Carrie Bradshaw and Samantha Jones have articles at this point (both of which need cleaning), the rest of the names redirect to the main SATC article.
- Likewise, do not link to individual episodes just yet. Only two are somewhat complete now (14 June 2006) and a handful are stubs.
- Inline context clarifications (i.e. Carrie: [to Charlotte] Hi) should be in italic, en and after the colon (':').
- Do not put the quote itself in italic or surround by quotation marks ("").
- For context within the quote itself (i.e. Samantha: She [Miranda] went over there.) uses braces () and no itallics.
- End each quoted line with punctuation.
- Try to keep the order of the quotes in the order that they are spoken on the show.
- Separate quotes with <hr width="50%" />.
- You do not need to add a <br /> tag after each line.
Note: These were not made up by me, they are the sitewide standards/guidelines. Koweja 21:18, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
Right now the Sex and the City doesn't fully comply with the standards listed above.
- There are a large number of unidentified quotes
There is no standard use of (parenthesis) or [braces] within the article for context. Some inline context statements come before the colon. Some of the quotes listed in the "Unknown" section may be duplicatiosn of ones listed in their proper place.
- If you really feel motivated, the Wikipedia articles need to be written, expanded, and cleaned up, especially the List of Sex and the City episodes. If you can, we also need a small screenshot from most episodes to be uploaded (please stick to the standardized naming convention of [[Image: Satc #x##.jpg]] with # being the season number and ## being the episode number, see w:Template talk:SATC episode for more information on uploading images).
I'll get to the formatting when I can (unless someone else does first), but I don't have the DVDs so I can't ID most of the quotes. Koweja 21:18, 14 June 2006 (UTC)