Cleaned up the citations by adding links, etc. --188.8.131.52 05:15, 19 August 2005 (UTC) [[Media:Mads Rask Larsen]]once said: Everyone longs for silence but complete silence means death --Lionheart 16:15, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
- Nobody understands the silence of the things.
- Behind the word is silence. Behind that silence is forgetfulness.
- Silence is sometimes the severest criticism.
- It was after I got to Boston that I went into the anechoic chamber at Harvard University. Anybody who knows me knows this story. I am constantly telling it. Anyway, in that silent room, I heard two sounds, one high and one low. Afterward I asked the engineer in charge why, if the room was so silent, I had heard two sounds. He said, 'Describe them.' I did. He said, 'The high one was your nervous system in operation. The low one was your blood in circulation.'
- In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
- Be silent always when you doubt your sense.
- Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received.
- It is a great thing to know the season for speech and the season for silence.
- In human intercourse the tragedy begins, not when there is misunderstanding about words, but when silence is not understood.
- If you do not understand my Silence, how will you understand my Words.
- Author Unknown