Quote File 
Reorganizing this? 
Some of the books have so many quotes, I'd like to split this up into several pages (while adding more quotes), any objections to that?
- I haven't been one of those who have worked heavily on this page, but I actually tend to prefer having related quotes all on one page, when possible, rather than having them spread out over several. A couple of these sections might be a bit long, but I'd still like to see them remain all in one place. ~ Achilles 19:15, 18 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Would you still like it if there was a *long* list of quotes for each of these books? And some books are still missing, and it doesn't seem like he's going to stop writing new ones any time soon.
I've seen that for Shakespeare the pages are split up.... I like that better. Any more opinions? Anke 17:46, 20 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I'm going to split this out into a section "The Discworld Novels" within a week, barring objections. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 09:08, 18 October 2005 (UTC)
- I will attempt to do a lot of work on the Pratchett pages today, and will probably move the remaining Discworld titles here over to the Discworld novels page sometime in the next few hours for consistency of the division that was made by MosheZadka. ~ Kalki 00:26, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Terry Pratchett.
- Brave men make good soldiers, but cowards make better strategists.
- From Eric see Discworld
- Librarians rule, Ook!
- The trouble is that things never get better, they just stay the same, only more so.
- Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
- Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I could be wrong.
- Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
- "She heard him mutter, 'Can you take away this grief?' 'I'm sorry,' she replied quietly. 'Everyone asks me. And I would not do so even if I knew how. It belongs to you. Only time and tears take away the grief; that is what they are for'" -> is from I shall wear midnight
- Silverfish looked down. "Oh. Are you a dwarf?" Cuddy gave him a blank stare. "Are you a giant?" He said. "Me? Of course not!" "Ah. Then I must be a dwarf, yes."
--> is from Moving Pictures
- "You can get there!"
"I can get there!" "You're a natural at counting to two!" "I'm a nat'ral at coutnting to two!" "If you can count to two, you can count to anything!" "If I can count to two, I can count to anything!" "And then the world is your mollusc!" "My mollusc! What's a mollusc?"
--> is from Men At Arms