Talk:The Phantom of the Opera (2004 film)
I think this page should be organised into Dialogue quotes from each character and Music quotes from each character. Understandably dialogue would go after as there is less dialogue than music. Anyone oppose it? I'll save the original to my computer if any oppose the changes.--Lauren317 08:37, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
- Go for it, if it helps make things abit clearer its all good--McNoddy 09:21, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
Done! Wow that took a while-but i think it looks much more organised and tidy now :D --Lauren317 09:33, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'm afraid this arrangement is most definitely not what we're looking for. An essential part of properly sourcing film quotes is identifying where in the film the quote occurs, so that editors may verify the quotes. (This is how Wikimedia projects handle improving accuracy in the absence of an editorial board.) The format for films that we've had in place for a couple of years is to place dialog quotes in chronological order, using the "Dialogue" format shown in Wikiquote:Templates/Films. Although "character" sections are currently accepted, they should still include some information to indicate the scene for sourcing purposes.
- Unfortunately, our policy pages are lagging behind the growing effort across Wikimedia projects to improve sourcing. I've been recommending that, whenever possible, film quotes be provided in chrono-sorted dialog segments, even for single lines, to help us do this kind of sourcing.
- I apologize for not catching your question before you did your work, Lauren317, but 50 minutes is far too little time to post a question on Wikiquote and expect to get substantial response for major restructuring. It's also a good idea when considering restructuring an article to review Wikiquote:Templates and its genre subpages to see what the established structures are, lest the article be tagged for cleanup, as UDScott has done.
- If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or on my talk page. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 09:32, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
reply to Jeffq
I was able to edit the quotes of the phantom in my spare time. I hope all of the quotes are in order and to your satisfaction! :D I'm stil learning how to use wiki' so I hope I did it right
22.214.171.124 14:00, 4 May 2007 (UTC)PhantomPrincess