Where is the proper sourcing for any of these quotes? "Each quotation should be one entry in a list, be surrounded by double quotation marks (with embedded quotations in single quotation marks), and optionally followed by transliteration and translation (for non-English quotations), source, and notes" is in the Style section of WQ. Otherwise, it makes them useless as a source, especially the "Attributed" section. There are tons with no indication where they are sited. In an interview? Over heard in a pub?
I propose that a certain amount of time is allowed for updating the sources, else the quote will be removed. Better to have a few sourced quotes than many unsourced. I mean think about it, you read a quote, are impressed but have nil guidance to confirm it or even to look at surrounding text. So, what do people think? Give it a month before editing? Rsugden 17:19, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
This article needs a lot of formatting-juice. For reference, see Wikiquote:Templates/People. I have not done that myself, because others seem to be working on it, and I don't want to interfere. When the real research work is done or is paused, I'll probably have a go at it. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 10:09, 25 October 2005 (UTC)
'Eyes once watered' quote
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered. -- Tom Stoppard"
Seen on Criminal Minds; I dunno if it's misattributed. Anyone have a source? 188.8.131.52 01:58, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- It's from Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead and can be found on our page for the film of the play. The line was spoken by Guildenstern. - InvisibleSun 02:05, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Tom Stoppard. --Antiquary 18:53, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
- I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
- If an idea's worth having once, it's worth having twice.
- It is not hard to understand modern art. If it hangs on a wall it's a painting, and if you can walk around it it's a sculpture.
- It's better to be quotable than to be honest.
- It's about to make me a lot of money.
- In answer to the question "What is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead About?"