- Virtue does not come from money, but rather from virtue comes money, and all other things good to man.
- The power of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special efforts, but by his ordinary doing.
- Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
- Search others for their virtues, thy self for thy vices.
- The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say, I was wrong.
- Virtue is a state of war, and to live in it we have always to combat with ourselves.
- Female virtue has been held in suspicion from the beginning of the world, and ever will be.
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
- "Love supports virtue alone", say the fools. It supports vice as well
- Valluvar in Tirukkural: 76.
- Blushing is virtue’s colour.
- English proverb. (17th Century).
- It is Allah and not man who rules. Allah is the source of all authority, including legitimate political authority. Virtue, not freedom, is the highest value. Therefore, Allah's law, not man's, should govern the society.