All songs written by Taylor Swift, except as noted.
- He'll never fall in love
He swears, as he runs his fingers through his hair.
I'm laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong.
And I don't think it ever crossed his mind.
He tells a joke, I fake a smile
That I know all his favorite songs.
- I'd Lie (2007)
- Wish I had concentrated; they said love was complicated.
But it was something I just fell into.
And it was overrated, but just look what I created!
- I Heart ?, Beautiful Eyes (2008)
- You lift my feet off the ground,
You spin me around.
You make me crazier, craizer.
Feels like I'm fallin' and I
Am lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier.
- Every time you smile, I smile
And every time you shine, I'll shine for you.
- Jump Then Fall, Fearless: Platinum Edition (2009)
- I don't wanna lose your face
And I don't wanna wake up one day
and not remember what time erased.
I don't wanna turn around
'Cause I'm not scared of what love gave me and took away.
And I don't wanna lose your face...
- Your Face
Taylor Swift (2006)
- But when you think: Tim McGraw,
I hope you think my favorite song.
The one we danced to all night long:
The moon like a spotlight on the lake.
When you think happiness,
I hope you think: "That little black dress."
Think of my head on your chest,
An' my old faded blue jeans.
When you think Tim McGraw,
I hope you think of me.
- I hate that stupid old pickup truck
You never let me drive.
You're a redneck heartbreak
Who's really bad at lying.
So watch me strike a match
On all my wasted time.
As far as I'm concerned you're
Just another picture to burn.
- Picture to Burn, written by Taylor Swift and Liz Rose
- He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.
- Teardrops on My Guitar, written by Taylor Swift and Liz Rose
- You should've said no, you should've gone home.
You should've thought twice before you let it all go.
You should've known that word 'bout what you did with her
Would get back to me...
And I should've been there, in the back of your mind.
I shouldn't be asking myself why.
You shouldn't be begging for forgiveness at my feet...
You should've said no, baby and you might still have me.
- I was sixteen when suddenly
I wasn't that little girl you used to see.
But your eyes still shined like pretty lights,
And our daddies used to joke about the two of us.
They never believed we'd really fall in love.
And our mamas smiled and rolled their eyes
And said oh my my my...
- Mary's Song (Oh My My My), written by Taylor Swift, Liz Rose, and Brian Maher
- Our song is the slamming screen door,
Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window.
When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
'Cause it's late and your mama don't know.
Our song is the way you laugh,
The first date "man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have."
And when I got home, before I said amen
Asking God if he could play it again.
- We're drivin' down the road,
I wonder if you know.
I'm tryin' so hard
Not to get caught up now.
But you're just so cool.
Run your hands through your hair,
Absent mindedly makin' me want you.
- Cause when you're fifteen
And somebody tells you they love you,
you're gonna believe them.
And when you're fifteen,
Feeling like there's nothing to figure out,
Well count to ten, take it in.
This is life before you know
Who you're gonna be,
- Romeo take me somewhere, we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say yes.
- 'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel;
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so...
Come feel this magic I've been feelin' since I met you,
Can't help it if there's no one else.
- I'm not a princess,
This ain't a fairytale.
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell.
This ain't Hollywood,
This is a small town.
I was a dreamer before
You went and let me down.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse
To come around.
- White Horse, written by Taylor Swift and Liz Rose
- But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts.
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers,
Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're lookin' for has been here the whole time.
If you could see that I'm the one who understands you,
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me;
You belong with me.
- You Belong with Me, written by Taylor Swift and Liz Rose
- Music starts playing like the end of a sad movie.
It's the kind of ending you don't really wanna see.
'Cause it's tragedy and it'll only bring you down.
Now I don't know what to be without you around.
- Lookin' so innocent,
I might believe you if I didn't know.
Could'a loved you all my life,
If you hadn't left me waiting in the cold.
And you got your share of secrets,
And I'm tired of being last to know.
And now you're asking me to listen
'Cause it's worked each time before.
- And I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called.
And then you feel so low you can't feel nothing at all.
And you flash back to when he said forever and always.
Oh, and it rains in your bedroom,
Everything is wrong.
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone.
'Cause I was there when you said forever and always.
- Because these things
We can see it now.
That they put up,
To hold us back
Will fall down.
It's a revolution,
It's how we'll become.
Supposed to be.
We'll sing hallelujah;
We'll sing hallelujah.
- You remember, we were sittin' there, by the water,
You put your arm around me for the first time.
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter.
You are the best thing that's ever been mine.
- And you stood there in front of me just
Close enough to touch,
Close enough to hope you couldn't see
What I was thinking of.
Drop everything now,
Meet me in the pouring rain.
Kiss me on the sidewalk,
Take away the pain.
'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile.
- So this is me swallowing my pride,
Standing in front of you
Saying I'm sorry for that night.
And I go back to December all the time.
Turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you,
Wishing that I realized what I had when you were mine.
I go back to December, turn around and make it all right.
I go back to December all the time.
- I am not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely bargin' in on a white veil occasion.
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marrying the wrong girl.
- Someday I'll be livin' in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean.
Someday, I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean.
Why you gotta be so mean?
- Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room
And we're not speaking.
And I'm dyin' to know:
Is it killing you
Like it's killing me?
I don't know what to say since a twist of fate, when it all broke down
And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now.
- Come on, come on
Don't leave me like this.
I thought I had you figured out.
Something's gone terribly wrong,
You're all I wanted.
Come on, come on
Don't leave me like this.
I thought I had you figured out.
Can't breathe whenever your gone,
Can't turn back
Now I'm haunted.
- Long live the walls we crashed through,
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you.
I was screaming, "Long live all the magic we made,"
And bring on all the pretenders.
One day we will be remembered.
- Losing him was blue like I’d never known;
Missing him was dark grey all alone.
Forgetting him was like trying to know
Somebody you've never met.
But loving him was red;
Loving him was red.
- I can't decide if it's a choice
Getting swept away.
I hear the sound of my own voice
Asking you to stay.
And all we are is skin and bone trained to get along,
Forever going with the flow but you friction.
- 'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now.
Flew me to places I'd never been,
So you put me down oh.
- Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it.
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it.
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own,
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone.
But you keep my old scarf from that very first week,
'Cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me.
You can't get rid of it 'cause you remember it all too well, yeah.
- All Too Well, written by Taylor Swift and Liz Rose
- I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22.
Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you.
You don't know about me but I bet you want to.
Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we're 22, 22.
- 22, written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin, and Shellback
- We are never ever ever... getting back together.
We are never ever ever... getting back together.
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me.
But we are never ever ever ever... getting back together.
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, written by Taylor Swift, Max Martin, and Shellback
- This is the last time I'm asking you this,
Put my name at the top of your lips.
This is the last time I'm asking you why
You break my heart in the blink of an eye, eye, eye.
- Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home.
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed.
All I know is we held the door,
You'll be mine and I'll be yours.
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed.
- And you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid.
I think it's strange that you think I’m funny cause
He never did.
I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end.
But on a Wednesday in a cafe,
I watched it begin again.
- This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
- State of Grace, written by Taylor Swift
About Taylor Swift
- How could you not [fancy Taylor Swift]?! I’ve met Taylor once, with Sarah Hyland, and there’s just nothing not to like about her. She’s beautiful, talented, hardworking, and she’s very genuine. It’s a terrible thing, I was actually very surprised! I had read all these nightmare stories, and when I met her I was very pleasantly surprised that she seemed like one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. As for having a thing for Taylor? That’s for me to know and for you to wonder about.
- Taylor Swift is so flawless, and so unattainable, and I don't think it's breeding anything good in young girls.