Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
(Redirected from Tayyip Erdoğan)
- In other words, the bar should be maintained at the level of a pluralistic and participatory democracy.
- But foremost, I do not subscribe to the view that Islamic culture and democracy cannot be reconciled.
- Everyone should unconditionally accept that Israel is an indispensable element of the Middle Eastern mosaic.
- There exists an unmistakable demand in the Middle East and in the wider Muslim world for democratization.
- There are people who say that "Gül can't be my president". These people don't have good manners for and they should renounce their Turkish citizenship foremost this man will be chosen democratically by the people.
- (2007), quoted in the Turkish newspaper Haberturk. 
- These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.
- Kanal D TV’s Arena program, commenting on the term “moderate Islam” (August 21, 2007). 
- We are all human beings. (original: Hepimiz insanız)
- (February, 2008) during his speech commemorating 9 Turkish arson victims in Ludwigshafen, Germany. 
- Mr. Peres, you are older than me. And your voice is very loud. I know that it is because you feel guilty. You better know that I will not sound that loud. And when killing is the case, you know how to kill very well. I know how you killed the children on the beaches, I know how you shot them. Two ex-prime ministers of your country once told me important things. You have had such prime ministers who said, "When I enter Palestine on a tank, I feel [in a different way] happy." You have had PMs who said to me "I feel happy when I am on a tank while entering Palestine." And you give me those numbers. I would release their names, in case some of you might be curious of. I also condemn those who acclaim this cruelty, because I think it is a crime against humanity as well.
- During a discussion panel at 2009 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland about the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. 
- Those who do not want to take a side will be eliminated (read as: irrelevant for) from the process.
- Cave of the Patriarchs and Rachel’s Tomb were not and never will be Jewish sites.
- There is a trouble called Twitter, the finest lies are here. Nowadays, social media is actually the headache of societies.
- Erdogan once said that democracy for him is a bus ride. “Once I get to my stop, I’m getting off."