Teresa Nielsen Hayden
Teresa Nielsen Hayden (born 21 March 1956) is an American science fiction editor, fanzine writer, essayist, and teacher. She works at Tor Books and maintains a blog called Making Light, both in the company of her husband, Patrick Nielsen Hayden.
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- My own personal theory is that this is the very dawn of the world. We're hardly more than an eyeblink away from the fall of Troy, and scarcely an interglaciation removed from the Altamira cave painters. We live in extremely interesting ancient times.
I like this idea. It encourages us to be earnest and ingenious and brave, as befits ancestral peoples; but keeps us from deciding that because we don't know all the answers, they must be unknowable and thus unprofitable to pursue.
- I continue to feel that if you're going to go on being this stupid, you should try to be more polite; or alternately, if you're going to go on being this rude, you should try not to say such dumb things.
- Post to rec.arts.sf.fandom (12 January 2001)
- I deeply resent the way this administration makes me feel like a nutbar conspiracy theorist.
- Just because you’re on their side doesn’t mean they’re on your side.
- Plot is a literary convention. Story is a force of nature.