The 400 Blows
- Directed by François Truffaut. Written by François Truffaut and Marcel Moussy.
Julien Doinel 
- I have no socks left around these holes.
Petite Feuille 
- Now, Doinel, go get some water and erase those insanities, or I'll make you lick the wall, my friend.
- Doinel, if your paper is first today, it's because I've decided to give the results beginning with the worst.
Juvenile Delinquent 
- Every time I cried, my father would imitate me on his fiddle, just to drive me nuts. One day I got fed up and I knocked him out.
- [to Antoine about another boy in the reformatory] He escaped a week ago, but they got him. Around here to escape is bad enough, but getting caught is worse.
- If she drops her pen, pick it up, but don't look at her legs. Or else it will be on your record.
- I'm an unstable psychotic individual with perverted tendencies.
- Gilberte Doinel: I'm not in the mood.
- Julien Doinel: Too bad, I am.
- Antoine Doinel: I need some money for lunch, dad. Only 1,000 francs.
- Julien Doinel: Therefore you hope for 500. Therefore you need 300. Here's 100.
- Gilberte Doinel: The best thing is to eat out until the end of the month.
- Julien Doinel: For that, I need a clean shirt.
- English Teacher: Last and simple question. Where is the father?
- René: Ze fazer...
- English Teacher: No. The father.
- René: Ze fazer.
- English Teacher: No, the tip of the tongue between the teeth. As if you had a lisp. Father.
- René: Fazer.
- English Teacher: No.
- René: But I can't, sir. Not everybody has a tongue like yours.
- Psychiatrist: Your parents say you're always lying.
- Antoine Doinel: Oh, I lie now and then, I suppose. Sometimes I'd tell them the truth and they still wouldn't believe me, so I prefer to lie.
- Jean-Pierre Léaud - Antoine Doinel
- Claire Maurier - Gilberte Doinel - la mère d'Antoine
- Albert Rémy - Julien Doinel
- Guy Decomble - 'Petite Feuille', the French teacher
- Georges Flamant - Mr. Bigey
- Patrick Auffay - René
- Daniel Couturier - Betrand Mauricet