- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 3 Season 3
- 4 Season 4
- 5 External links
- Dennis Ryland: It's changed course!
- Diana Skouris: That's impossible! Comets don't just change course.
- Dennis Ryland: Well, this one has.
- Diana Skouris: Then it's not a comet.
- Diana Skouris: It's as if it was coming in for a landing!
- unknown: Landing? Like a plane?
- unknown: No. More like a mothership!
- Lily Moore: Lily.
- Richard Tyler: My friend, her name was Lily, too. Lily Bonham.
- Lily: That's my grandmother's name!
- Heidi Moore: Can I help you?
- Lily: Heidi!
- Heidi: Yeah?
- Lily: Heidi, it's Mommy!
- Heidi: Who?!
- Maia Rutledge: You don't have to worry, Crownridge is nice.
- Dennis Ryland: For instance, yesterday Maia was talking to an employee in the cafeteria. She told her that her daughter would be in the hospital soon, but that she'd be okay. The next day the little girl was in a car accident.
- Diana Skouris: So you're saying what? That she's got some kind of second sight?
- Dennis: I'm saying I have five stories just like that.
- Lily Moore: I know what the baby's thinking.
- Carl Morrissey: What I'm doing here, I'm doing for us, Grace! This is where we live. I just want us to be happy and not be afraid anymore, and it starts with Bradley Park!
- Maia: Yeah, school might be fun. Diana, you're not going to like what's in there.
- Oliver Knox: Look, I know how tempting the math is on this murder, I disappear in '83, the killings stop, here I am and the poor girl is dead.
- Shrink: Why don't you start with something easy, tell me something about your parents.
- Richard Tyler: My parents?
- Lily Moore: They use to argue about money a lot, but that was before they split up.
- Shrink: They divorced?
- Lily: Yeah. I was 14.
- Shrink: Do you remember how that made you feel?
- Shawn Farrell: Depressed, I don't know, angry maybe.
- Richard: They're gone. Got a few cousins outside St. Louis who'll remember me as a picture in an old photo album.
- Unknown: Beautiful, aren't they? I wonder if that's where we were.
- Shawn: What's everybody doing here?
- Unknown: What are you doing here?
- Shawn: I don't know, just wanted to see where we came back, I figured it'd be a good place to come and think, you know, clear my head.
- Unknown: Most people come for the conversation.
- Shawn: Well there's not a lot of that going on.
- Jordan Collier: Well what can I do for you this afternoon, Lily '93. Don't worry, it's not a line, though I do have to say that you're the most attractive abductee I've seen this afternoon.
- Unknown: Who's this?
- Oliver: Let me tell you something about her, her name's Felicia and she works over at the barn on Cliff Street.
- Dennis Ryland: Don't you hide behind freedom of the press, what you do isn't journalism, it's shouting fire in a crowded theater and you're gonna stop before the stampede begins.
- Marco Pacella: Yeah, but we know Adam Kensington's company was perpetrating a massive fraud on the public, and now we've learned that since Carl Morrisey's death his neighbors have formed a watch committee thats helping to protect Bradley Park. Anyone starting to see a pattern?
- Diana: What, you're talking about some kind of ripple effect?
- Marco: Diana Skouris to the head of the class!
- Diana: The incidents themselves are just catalyst for change, a positive one in these two cases.
Trial By Fire
- Jordan: We are not a threat, we are salvation... And the world will have to deal with us.
- Diana: Mister Tyler, I know you're trying to protect your family, but you have to realize that by staying here, you could be putting yourself in serious danger.
Richard: Maybe. But you know, I was born in 1922 - in Missouri. And my skin was as black then as it is now. So I've had to worry about fire bombings and lynchings and beatings my entire life. If there's anything I've learned, it's this. Eventually a man's gotta take a stand. I'm making mine right here.
- Nikki: This is the spot?
- Shawn: Yeah. Me and 4,399 of my closest friends popped out of a ball of light right about here.
- Nikki: It's so pretty. I wonder why they sent you back here. I mean, why not on the White House lawn, or... in the middle of Times Square?
- Shawn: I don't know. Maybe they appreciate a good view.
- Warren: [Tom points a gun into Lytell's throat] Ryland, you want to give me some help?
- Dennis: That's a tough call.
- Maia: How long am I going to be like this?
- Diana: Like what?
- Maia: I don't wanna know things before they happen. I wanna be normal, like I used to be.
- Diana: It's gonna be okay, sweetie. Besides, I mean, you know, who's normal anyway?
- Maia: You are.
- Diana: Ha. You wanna know a secret? Normal people, like me... they just wish they were special, like you.
- Maia: Don't worry. You'll find him.
- Tom: Find who?
- Maia: Your son, Kyle. He's the answer.
- Tom: The answer to what?
- Maia: Everything.
Wake Up Call
(Maia is brought home from he sleepover)
- Diana: Maia, what's wrong?
- Neighbour: I'm sorry, I know it's late, but Maia really wanted to come home.
- Diana: Well why's that sweetie?
- Maia: I don't want to talk about it.
- Neighbour: Some of the girls, not my daughter, but some of the other girls, were teasing Maia because she says she has a crush on Frank Sinatra.
- Diana: Old blue eyes. Do you blame her?
- Neighbour: Most nine year olds don't even know who Frank Sinatra was.
(Diana is reading Maia's diary)
- Maia: (voice-over) Mommy's bosses will be punished for betraying us
Weight of the World
- Maia: I know who you are. You're the one who fixes people.
- Shawn: Yeah. I'm Shawn.
- Maia: How come you're in here? Why don't you just make yourself better?
- Shawn: I wish I could.
[holds up hands]
- Shawn: They're broken. Kind of like the rest of me.
- Maia: I used to see things. Stuff that was gonna happen. That's gone now, too.
- Shawn: It's funny, huh? When I found out I was different, all I wanted to do was be normal again.
- Maia Rutledge: Me, too.
- Shawn: But you get used to it. Now that it's gone, I feel like I'm missing an arm.
- Maia: It'll come back. Once we get better.
- Shawn: Any idea when that's gonna be?
- Maia: Not exactly, but my mom told me everything's gonna be fine. And I believe what she says.
- Shawn: That must be a nice feeling.
- Maia: Don't you have someone to believe in?
- Shawn: I used to, but now I guess I'm just gonna have to believe in you.
- Kevin Burkhoff: I spent six years in a mental institution suffering from paranoid schizophrenia and you pulled me out of it into the middle of a conspiracy!
- Mitch Baldwin: I know I'm not perfect.
- Tom: You're not even alive.
- Claudio Borghi: I have to offer you a word of caution. The cigar. When you smoke it, you might be surpised by its effects.
- Shawn: Oh, I'm not going to get arrested for having this, am I?
- Tom: You disappeared. Do you have any idea where you've been?
- Jordan: Everywhere. I have been everywhere. I've been alive for hundreds of years, maybe thousands.
- Diana: We can't do this.
- Ben: We just did.
- Jordan Collier: The war for the future will be fought in the past.
- Shawn: Alright, I'll ask the question. What are we gonna do with 17,432 units of Promicin?
- Jordan: We're going to give it away.
- Richard: To whom?
- Jordan: To everyone.
- Tom: This isn't just a plan. It's a revolution. You realize that, don't you? Handing out promicin like candy changes everything, Shawn. Nobody will be able to enforce the law. It'll be chaos!
- Diana: Nobody can predict what's gonna happen once people everywhere start developing abilities!
- Tom: You need to tell us where he's keeping this stuff.
- Shawn: I don't get you guys. All along you've been saying we're on the same side, no matter what our differences are. That our goals are the same; for things to change, get better. Now a man is back from the dead to show us how to get there, and you two wanna stop him. You know what? You can't! Our phone lines have been jammed up all morning. People are dying to know how they can get their hands on the shot.
- Tom: So what do you tell them?
- Shawn: I tell them that we have nothing to do with it. And then I wish them good luck.
- Tess: It's not hard for me, I've believed in you all along. Theres a reason why we were taken and a reason they woke you up. It's incredible — you should be getting the Nobel Prize. Instead we're hiding like criminals.
- Kevin: It won't be like this forever. Soon we'll be heroes!
- Jordan: Look, Richard, we need people to start developing abilities.
- Dennis Ryland: I'm not at all surprised that girl died. That's exactly why we need to get the stuff out of Colliers hands.
- Tom: We need to know about your promicin supply, Dennis. Your people have been working with it for months. Have you ever seen anything like this?
- Dennis Ryland: We've had some casualties among the volunteers.
- Tom: Casualties?[pauses and looks around in disbelief] How many?
- Dennis Ryland: We recruited 20 men for the program. Half of them rejected the promicin within 48 hours of their first shot.
- Diana: Rejected? You mean died.
- Dennis Ryland: We knew there'd be risks, Diana. We explained it to the volunteers before the signed on.
- Diana: Oh my God. You knew. You knew what would happen when people took this? Why didn't you tell us when it was stolen? We could have warned Collier, warned the public.
- Dennis Ryland: Beacuse gods don't make mistakes. What better way to show the people that Collier is not some sort of messiah, than have him fall flat on his face in public?
- Tom: You kept quiet so you could discredit Collier? A woman is dead, Dennis! And you're just as responsible as he is!
- Dennis Ryland: She shouldn't have been injecting stolen promicin. And anybody who follows her lead will have to live with the consequences. Or not.
- Isabelle: It was a balance of power thing. I was sent to eliminate the 4400!
- Homeless Man: (To the audience) How about you? Fifty-fifty. You want the shot?
- Jordan: I did not give promicin out to the world to have it unite under a... a 16-year old boy. He has to be stopped.
- Kevin: Oh! I see. You're having messiah-envy.
- Guy: Are you here to give yourselves body and soul to Graham?
- Tom: Not exactly.
- Isabelle: You want to have hope don't you? You want to believe she's coming back?
- Tom: Of course.
- Isabelle: Then you don't want to know what I know.
- Meghan: I can give you a few minutes, Mr. Powell, but then I'm afraid you're going to have to come with us.
- Mr. Powell: My son has been in a prison his entire life. I'm happy to trade places with him.
- Meghan: Let me ask you a question. Have you ever seen La Dolce Vita?
- Diana: Dubbed or subtitled?
- Meghan: Do I look like I watch dubbed movies?
- Diana: Do I?
- Meghan: Welcome back, Agent Skouris.
(Extends her hand)
- 'Diana: I'm being reinstated because I like foreign films?
(shakes Meghan's hand)
- Meghan: Of course not, but it doesn't hurt your cause.
(Baldwin and Garrity interrogating Troy Kennedy)
- Troy: I took the shot to make my life better.
- Tom: Better, better? Better how, huh? By driving a bunch of people crazy? They're at Abendson Psychiatric Hospital writhing around in straitjackets.
- Troy: It wasn't me, I swear. My ability's harmless. I-I play music. I pick up any instrument, and I'm like a virtuoso.
- Garrity: Really? Well I'll go home and get my clarinet!
- Meghan: That's exactly why this journal is making people in D.C. nervous. The author doesn't sound like a radical. She sounds like... somebody's aunt.
- Tom: Yeah, and if your aunt's willing to take a chance on getting an ability, why shouldn't you?
- Tom: The head of NTAC, benefiting personally from a 4400 ability? You sure you're up for the fallout?
- Meghan: They let this place stay open. They blinked. Let them fire me.
- Audrey: The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
- Diana: It's Benjamin Franklin.
- Audrey: Well, at least you are an educated tyrant.
- April: I'm coming with you. You want the truth? I can get it for you.
- Tom: Are you sure about that, I mean people beat lie detectors all the time.
- April: Tom, do you like my sister?
(Tom looks at Diana)
- Tom: Diana, yeah, sure, she's my partner, my friend.
- April: Ever had a sexual fantasy about her?
- Tom: Well, once or twice. We were working late, Diana mentioned we were the only two people in the building and--
- Diana: Oh! (Diana smiles and walks out the door)
- Tom: (quietly to April) You can come.
- Kyle: Who knows, man? You could become mayor, maybe even governor.
- Shawn: Just one step at a time. I don't even know if I can get elected to city council.
- Kyle: You heal people with your hands. Show me an opponent who can beat that.
- April: So, what do you do, Peter?
- Peter: I'm V.P. of client relations for ANEXXO. We're in the fortune 500. Energy, communications, some defense work.
- April: I get it. You're one of the guys that runs the world.
- Peter: Well, I work for those guys.
- Diana: Yeah, but we're talking about prison camps. Maia hasn't broken any laws. She is a 4400. She didn't take promicin.
- P.J.: I'm afraid that distinction doesn't mean much these days. People are scared. A lot of them wanna lock up every p-positive out there. The wrong leader comes to power, someone who exploits all that fear everybody's feeling, and suddenly this doesn't seem so far-fetched.
(Shawn surprises Gabriel Hewitt at his garage)
- Gabriel: What are you doing here?
- Shawn: I wanted to see you without the cameras. When you put your public face up for the night, have a look at your eyes. I have reason to believe that you're capable of terrible things and that you have an evil living inside of you.
- Gabriel: What if you did see evil? Then what?
- Shawn: Honestly, I don't know what I would do, but the truth is I can't see anything. You may be full of fear and hatred, but you're just a man for now. Listen, you may not know it yet, you wouldn't make a very good leader. I'm not gonna let you become one.
- Jordan: It must have been difficult to take the promicin shot. But I've read your book. It's wrong. I'm no Messiah.
- Kyle: I know how it sounds. It was hard for me to believe, too. I'm nobody's religious nut, but these visions I have are never wrong, not once, and if they say that book is important, I have to believe what's in there. Promicin isn't just here to improve the world, Jordan. It's here to bring Heaven to Earth. I don't know exactly what that means, but you're supposed to make it happen and I'm supposed to help you. It's like it says in the book. You are going to lead us all to God.
- Tom: I keep telling myself it's just a game. But you know what? I still don't feel like dying.
- Jordan: It's not an experience I'm looking to revisit.
- Tom: You're going to hotwire the door open?
- Meghan: Don't look so surprised. I worked in a think tank for years. You'd be amazed at the kinds of things I picked up around the water cooler.
(Tom walks in on Meghan putting her clothes on)
- Tom: (looking away) I'm sorry.
- Meghan: Tom, the second time we did it with the lights on, it's not like anything you haven't seen.
(When the NTAC agents view the video in which Richard uses his telekinetic abilities to overpower the guards and escape Promise City with Isabelle)
- Garrity: No doubt about it. The man is a genuine badass.
- Meghan: Well, maybe when we catch him, you can ask for his autograph.
- Shawn: What's your alternative? Do you really want the entire world to take promicin?
- Jordan: Yes. Yes, I do. It's what I've always said has to happen.
- Shawn: Half of the planet will die! You're talking about mass suicide!
- Jordan: I am talking about a single generation of sacrifice. And at the end of it, a more fully-evolved species. All of our failings as human beings will be addressed when we are all gifted. I am not making any announcement. And no one who cares about what's right for the world would.
- Cora: These abilities we have, they are a gift from God, and we need to treat them with respect.
- Meghan: This last few weeks I could tell there was something wrong. He was the same guy but different, you know? I keep telling myself it's okay, it's still Tom.
- Diana: Well, I didn't wanna believe it either. He has been my partner, my friend for years.
- Meghan: Talk about sleeping with the enemy.
- Isabelle: You know, Kyle used to talk about you all the time. He said you were a decent man, but then you're not Tom Baldwin, are you?
Tom: (laughs) Tom Baldwin... Tom Baldwin was a confused and unhappy man.
- Isabelle: The government doctors already told me that promicin will kill me.
- Tom: We can change that, Isabelle, I guarantee you'll live.
- Diana: Hello, Curtis.
- Meghan: Sit down. We have some questions for you.
- Curtis: About what?
- Meghan: About what camera lens you're using today. What do you think, Curtis? We wanna talk about the Marked. Curtis: I already told you guys. I made all that up. The Marked aren't real. I have to work. If you want to watch me direct, I can get you some headphones.
- Diana: (pulling her gun and pointing it at Curtis) You're not going back to work anytime soon. Now all we need you to do is tell us how to kill one of those things.
- Tom: (on the phone, after sedating Maia) It's done. I gave the girl a massive dose of the inhibitor. She won't be having any visions for a couple of weeks.
- Maia: That was kind of weird, huh? How we just saw each other on the street?
- Tom: Well, to be honest Maia, it wasn't a coincidence. I wanted to talk to you about your mom.
- Maia: See? I told you he was a good guy.
- Diana: Maia, can't you see what's happening? Jordan Collier is naming himself dictator of Seattle; there's nothing good about that.
- Maia: You're wrong mom. We are in charge now. It's better that way.
[about the events of the series finale]
- Jordan: The sacrifices of the past few days have not been in vain. This tragedy, terrible as it may have been, had meaning. And those who died... are the heralds of a new age!