The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D (also known simply as Sharkboy and Lavagirl) is a 2005 adventure fantasy comedy film directed by Robert Rodriguez. The film uses the same anaglyph 3-D technology used in Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over. Many of the concepts and much of the story were conceived by Rodriguez's children.
- Sharkboy: Usually, if you snooze, you lose. With Max, you snooze, you win.
- Max: So dream a better dream; then work to make it real.
- Tobor: Yes?
- Lavagirl: Hot lava... Hot lava...
[Lavagirl starts melting, turning into lava]
- Mr. Electricidad: Okay, kids, who's next? Remember, there are no dumb ideas.
- Linus: Maybe we can freeze his circuits!
- Mr. Electricidad: That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. We're in the middle of Texas in August!
- Sharkboy: [while singing a lullaby to Max] Close your eyes, shut your mouth, dream a dream and get us out. / Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream. / Hit the bay, fast asleep, dream a dream, you little blip. / Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream.
- Lavagirl: It's working! Keep it up, Sharkboy.
- Sharkboy: [singing] Just relax, lay about, or my fist will put you out. / Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream. / Take your time, but beware, there's darkness in the air. / Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream.
- Lavagirl: Dream about me next, Max. I need to know who I am. Not just destruction or a simple flame. Dream of me as something good.
- Sharkboy: [singing] Don't despair, step right up. Glass of water? Here's a cup. / Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream.
- Lavagirl: He's having a nightmare! Wake up, Max! Wake up! Stop that racket, Sharkboy - you're giving him nightmares!
[train of thought is out of control]
- Lavagirl: [panicky] What do we do?
- Sharkboy: [calmly] Yell? Scream?
- Lavagirl, Sharkboy, Max: [screaming]
- Lavagirl: When you dreamt up these giant cookies, who did you expect to be able to eat them?
- Max: I really didn't think about it.
- Lavagirl: 'Cause if you dream giant cookies, something has to be created to *consume* giant cookies.
[cookie giants appear from behind mountains]
- Sharkboy: Cookie giants!
- Sharkboy: [cracks knuckles] Get ready for the ultimate power outage.
- Mr. Electric: [flexing muscles] And who are you to believe that you can defeat me now?
- Sharkboy: No one special. Just... king of the ocean.
[sharks cut ice that Mr. Electric is on, he falls in the water, and the sharks bite him]
- Sharkboy: Shark frenzy.
[Sharkboy walks away]
- Lavagirl: Thanks for saving me, Sharkboy.
[Lavagirl kisses Sharkboy on the cheek and he sizzles]
- Sharkboy: [smiling a little painfully] Ouch.
- Mr. Electricidad: What I can't believe is you dreamt me as a big round bad guy! I'm not bad!
[Max had just imagined a banana split boat in the land of milk and cookies]
- Sharkboy: You still hungry, Max? How about a knuckle sandwich?
- Mr. Electricidad: [after Mr. Electric is destroyed] He's... unplugged!
- Lavagirl: Everything that is or was began with a dream.
- Mr. Electric: "Watt's" up?
- Lavagirl: Row, row, row your banana split-boat, gently down the stream of consciousness, merrily, merrily, merrily, live is Max's dream.
- Max: Give Me Back My Journal.
- Mr. Electricidad: Class has Begun, Everyone in Your Seats.
- Max: Linus Took My Journal
- Linus: I Did Not!
- Mr. Electricidad: Minus, I Mean, Linus. You Get Minus For Disconduct. Give Max Back His Journal. [Linus Does, Max Snatched it From Him] 1 More Time, Linus. & I'll Change Your Name to Minus.
- Max: [Looks at His Pages Marked by Linus, Then He Angrily Stands Up] He ruined my Dream Journal!
- Linus: I did not! Mr. Electric, send him to the principal's office and HAVE HIM EXPELLED!
- Max Angrily Throws His Dream Journal At Linus & It Hits Him in A Head
- Mr. Electricidad: [Angrily] You're in My Class, Not The Only Thing Around. I Know Everything & You Know Nothing. [Points His Finger At The Clock] At The End of Class, Both of You Report to the Principal's Office With Your Parents.
- Taylor Lautner as Sharkboy
- Taylor Dooley as Lavagirl
- Cayden Boyd as Max
- George Lopez as Mr. Electricidad/Mr. Electric, Tobor, and Ice Guardian
- David Arquette as Max's father
- Kristin Davis as Max's mother
- Jacob Davich as Linus/Minus
- Sasha Pieterse as Marissa Electricidad/Ice Princess
- Robert Rodriguez as a shark (uncredited)
- Rebel Rodriguez as Sharkboy (age 5)
- Racer Rodriguez as Sharkboy (age 7)
- Rico Torres as Sharkboy's father
- Marc Musso as Kid #1
- Shane Graham as Kid #2