The Blair Witch Project
The Blair Witch Project is a 1999 film about three film students who go missing after traveling into the woods of Maryland to make a documentary about the local Blair Witch legend, leaving only their footage behind.
- I hate crossing streams on logs. If I never cross another stream on a log for the rest of my life, I will die a happy girl!
- I just want to apologize to Josh's mom, and Mike's mom, and my mom. I am so sorry! Because it was my fault. I was the one who brought them here. I was the one that said "keep going south". I was the one who said that we were not lost. It was my fault, because it was my project. Everything had to be my way. And this is where we've ended up and it's all because of me that we're here now - hungry, cold, and hunted. I love you mom, dad. I am so sorry. What is that? I'm scared to close my eyes, I'm scared to open them! I am so scared! I don't know what's out there. We are going to die out here! I am so scared!
- Okay, here's your motivation. You're lost, you're angry in the woods, and no one is here to help you. There's a witch, and she keeps leaving shit outside your door. There's no one here to help you! She left little trinkets, you took one of them, she ran after us. There's no one here to help you! We walked for 15 hours today, we ended up in the same place! There's no one here to help you, that's your motivation! That's your motivation!
- [Looking through Heather's camera] It's not the same on film is it? I mean, you know it's real, but it's like looking through the lens gives you some sort of protection from what's on the other side.
- I could help you, but I'd rather stand here and record.
- Mike: What bugs me out is that we're so damn deep in the woods, and people are gonna try and come out here and mess with us, then they gotta have something wrong with them, and I'm not gonna play with that.
- Heather: But how do we know it was people?
- Mike: Well, even if it wasn't, I'm not gonna play with that either!
- Heather: Woke up this morning, just like two seconds ago, and there are piles of rocks outside of our tent. There are three, actually.
- Josh: Are you seriously fucking positive those weren't there when we set up camp last night?
- Heather: I am seriously fucking positive these were not here. How would we've, like, just made a campsite in between three piles of rocks, just by coincidence?
- Heather: Whose shit was thrown around? Whose, specifically?
- Josh: It's my shit!
- Heather: Why you?
- Mike: Let's go, let's go. [shouting] Are you not scared enough?!
- Heather: But why you?
- Joshua: I heard two noises coming from two separate areas of space over there. One of them could have been an owl, but the other one sounded like a cackling.
- Heather: No way!
- Joshua: Yeah, it was like a serious cackling.
- Heather: See, my problem is that I sleep like a fucking rock.
- Michael: If I heard a cackling, I would have shit in my pants!
- Joshua: Screw that, you think you guys are heroes for killing innocent people?
- Michael: Well, maybe if the people in our country stopped eating donuts, and started realizing what our government is doing to the world, assholes like them, wouldn't even exist!
- Michael: What are some of your favorite things to do?
- Heather: [laughs mirthlessly] Well, on Sundays I used to like to go hiking, but now...
- Heather: How's east?
- Michael: East?
- Heather: Yeah, we've been going south all this time. How's east?
- Michael: Wicked Witch of the West, Wicked Witch of the East. Which one was bad?
- Heather: Wicked Witch of the West was the bad one.
- Michael: Then we should go east.
- [After hearing Josh's screams in the darkness]
- Heather: Whatever it is, it knows that Josh is gone.
- Mike: If that was Josh, he would've said where he was.
- Heather: [whispering] Whoever it was sounded like Josh.
- Everything you've heard is true.
- In October of 1994 three student filmmakers disappeared in the woods near Burkittsville, Maryland, while shooting a documentary...A year later their footage was found.
- Scarier than The Exorcist!
- The scariest movie of all time is a true story.
- Scary as hell.