The Carnivorous Carnival
- The sad truth is that the truth is sad. - Lemony Snicket
- It's hard for decent people to stay angry at someone who has burst into tears, which is why it is often a good idea to burst into tears if a decent person is yelling at you. - Lemony Snicket
- One of the most troublesome things in life is that what you do or do not want has very little to do with what does or does not happen - Lemony Snicket
- Miracles are like meatballs because nobody knows what they are made of, where they came from or how often they should appear. - Lemony Snicket
- The story of the Baudelaires does not take place in a fictional land where lollipops grow on trees and singing mice do all of the chores. The story of the Baudelaires takes place in a very real world, where some people are laughed at just because they have something wrong with them, and where children can find themselves all alone in the world, struggling to understand the sinister mystery that surrounds them.... -Lemony Snicket
- With the Baudelaire orphans, it was as if their grief were a very heavy object that they each took turns carrying so that they would not all be crying at once, but sometimes the object was too heavy for one of them to move without weeping, so Violet and Sunny stood next to Klaus, reminding him that this was something they could all carry together until at last they found a safe place to lay it down. -Lemony Snicket
- " The world is a harum-scarum place."
"Harum?" Sunny asked.
"It's complicated and confusing," Olivia explained. "They say that long ago it was simple and quiet, but that might be a legend."
More Quotes from A Series of Unfortunate Events (series)