The Craft (film)
The Craft is a 1996 film about a newcomer to a Catholic prepatory school who falls in with a trio of outcast teenage girls who practice witchcraft and they all soon conjure up various spells and curses against those who even slightly anger them.
- Directed by Andrew Fleming. Written by Andrew Fleming and Peter Filardi.
- Relax, it's only magic. Now who's pathetic?
- Hold your breath till I call.
- You know, in the old days, if a witch betrayed her coven, they would kill her.
- You know, if I was pathetic as you are, I would have killed myself ages ago. You should get on with it.
- If God and the Devil were playing football, Manon would be the stadium that they played in, he would be the sun that shined down on them.
- Have you ever heard of invoking the spirit? It's when you call him... Manon. It's like... it's like you take him into you. It's like he fills you. He takes everything that's gone wrong into your life and makes it all better again.
- [after finding out that Chris had tried to rape Sarah] I'm gonna go play.
- Driver: You girls watch out for those weirdos.
- Nancy: We are the weirdos, mister.
- Nancy: I drink of my sisters, and I take into myself... all the power of Manon.
- Sarah: That's all?
- Mr. Bailey: [Interrupts Chris's cont'd attempts for his daughter's attention even after rejecting him.] Can I help you?
- Chris: No one can help me.
- Sarah: What's wrong with her?
- Rochelle: Her spell's not working.
- Bonnie: What spell?
- Rochelle: I don't know. She doesn't want to be white trash anymore. I told her, "You're white honey! Just get over it."
- Nancy: What's wrong with your scars, Sarah. [cuts her]
- Sarah: No, it's not real.
- Nancy: Then why are you still bleeding? Run, run like the little coward that you are! She's so pathetic!
- Sarah: Did you tell your friends?
- Chris: ...what?
- Sarah: That you're a lying sack of shit.
- Chris: No... b-but I will.
- Rochelle: All these songs are by Connie Francis.
- Grace Downs: Yeah, isn't that great? Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted in life a jukebox that played nothing but Connie Francis records.
- Bonnie: That's great.
- Rochelle: Who's Connie Francis?
- Grace Downs: Who's Connie Francis? Honey, listen and learn! Connie Francis!
- Sarah Bailey: Nothing makes everything all better again.
- Nancy Downs: Maybe not for you...
- Laura: Ow! You pulled my hair out!
- Sarah: Sorry, I thought I saw a bug. They have shampoo for that, you know.
- Laura: Stupid bitch.
- Sarah: Hey, can I talk to you for a second, Chris?
- Mitt: I'm sorry. Chris is really busy, maybe we could set something up for-- nice jacket-- later in the week. What do you think?
- Sarah: Why did you lie about me?
- Chris: Look, I don't want to go out with you again, okay? Please stop begging. It's pathetic.
- Sarah: Hey, Chris, fuck you!
- Chris: Nah.
- Trey: But I will.
- Mitt: [looks at Trey as Sarah runs off, upset] She's gonna cry, then I'm gonna cry, and we're all gonna cry!
- Chris: Sarah, come on, I mean... you look like you need to talk to somebody anyway.
- Sarah: How do you know what I look like? We're talking on the phone.
- Chris: You're just jealous!
- Nancy: Jealous? Jealous! You don't even exist to me! You don't exist! You are nothing! You are shit! You don't exist. The only way you know how to treat women is by treating them like whores! Well, you're the whore! And that's gonna stop! Do you understand? Hmm?
- Chris: [frightened] I'm sorry.
- Nancy Downs: Oh, he's sorry! He's sorry, he's sorry, he's sorry, he's sorry, he's sorry! [shouts] Sorry my ass! [kills him]
- Chris: Why didn't you answer the phone?
- Sarah: It's three in the morning, Chris.
- Chris: Oh. Yeah, I guess that's a good reason... hey, you know, I was thinking we should move in together.
- Sarah: I don't think I'm ready for that level of commitment.
- Chris: Oh. Sarah, I can't stop thinking about you. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I think I love you. I've never loved anyone before... well, except for my mom and this little puppy I had when I was little...
- Nancy: What's going on? Why aren't you dead?
- Sarah: Manon. He came to me. Saved me. Oh, and by the way. He wanted me to give you a message. You're in deep shit. He says you've abused the gifts that he's given you, and now you're going to have to pay the price.
- Nancy: [her fingers turn to snakes] What's going on?
- Sarah Bailey: Where did Bonnie and Rochelle go? They just ran out of here without even saying good-bye. That's bad manners.
- Lirio: You know how to use the candles?
- Sarah: Yeah, you light the wick.
- Chris: [handing Sarah a flower] I wanna apologize for those guys in French. They're assholes.
- Sarah: [dropping the flower] Yeah well, you know what they say. You are who you hang with.
- Chris: Yeah, right... wait, did you call me an asshole?
- Sarah: [chuckles] Sorry, my defenses are up. People here have been really rude to me.
- Nancy: He comes on anything with tits, Sarah.
- Bonnie: Except me.
- Sarah: I'm not watching him.
- Nancy: He spreads disease. [uncomfortably] I speak from personal experience. [after yelling at Chris] He's a jerk.
- Nancy: [noticing Sarah's cuts] What's up with this?
- Sarah: [embarrassed] I slit my wrists.
- Bonnie: What you'd do with it?
- Sarah: A-a kitchen knife.
- Bonnie: [surprised] You even did it the right way.
- Sarah: [not sure of what to say] Yeah...
- Nancy: [reassuring her] Punk rock! Let's go.
- Rochelle: The right way? How do you know the right way?
- Bonnie: [defensive] Shut up, Rochelle.
- Rochelle: Well how you do know?
- Nancy: So, hot stuff, how did it go?
- Sarah: How did what go?
- Nancy: Your date with Chris.
- Rochelle: Chris already told everybody.
- Sarah: [confused] Told everybody what?
- Bonnie: That you guys did it.
- Sarah: But we didn't... do it.
- Nancy: Well then he was just trying to save face then, because he's going around the whole school saying that you were the lousiest lay he's ever had, and coming from him, that's pretty bad.
- Sarah: [looking over to the other girls in the classroom who were giggling] No, he didn't [hoping it wasn't true]
- Nancy: He did.
- Rochelle: He said the same stuff about Nancy.
- Nancy: Told you he was a jerk.
- Bonnie: The almanac says today will bring an arrival or something.
- Nancy: Yeah, wonderful. I'm getting my rag!
- Bonnie: A new wholeness and with it a new balance, earth, air, fire, water... maybe it's our fourth.
- Nancy: We don't need a fourth.
- It's "Carrie" meets "Clueless"!
- Welcome to the witching hour.
- Spend the weekend with the girls!
- Exorcise your rites.
- Relax... it's only magic...
|Robin Tunney||Sarah Bailey|
|Fairuza Balk||Nancy Downs|
|Skeet Ulrich||Chris Hooker|
|Christine Taylor||Laura Lizzie|