The Dresden Dolls
The Dresden Dolls are a duo from Boston, formed after a Halloween party in 2000, composed of singer/keyboardist/songwriter Amanda Palmer and drummer/occasional guitarist and vocalist Brian Viglione. They describe their style as "Brechtian punk cabaret", and have exposed an underground dark cabaret movement that started gaining momentum in the early '90s with artists like Salon Betty and Gavin Friday.
- We all know
There's no Hitler and no Holocaust
No winter and no Santa Claus
And yes, Virginia, all because
The truth won't save you now
- "Mrs. O", Yes, Virginia... (2006)
- So don't tell me what to write
And don't tell me that I'm wrong
And don't tell me not to reference my songs within my songs
- "Backstabber", Yes, Virginia... (2006)
- I guess it's just my stupid luck
That all of Boston drives the same black fucking truck
- "The Jeep Song", The Dresden Dolls (self-titled album) (2003)
- All of my blind ambition left me deaf with perfect vision.
- "The Time Has Come" A Is For Accident (2003)
- Behold the world's worst accident I am the girl anachronism!
- "Girl Anachronism" The Dresden Dolls (self-titled album) (2003)
- Fuck, I'll pay you anything if you could end this hell
- "The Perfect Fit" The Dresden Dolls (self-titled album) (2003)
- And you thought you could change the world by opening your legs
Well, it isn't very hard
Try kicking them instead.
And you thought you could change his mind
by changing your perfume to the kind his mother wore
Oh God, Delilah, why?
I never met a more impossible girl.
- "Delilah" Yes, Virginia... (2006)
- If you did it, say you did it. If you didn't, suck it up and say you did.
- "The Mouse and the Model" No, Virginia... (2008)
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|