(Redirected from The Eagles)
Song Lyrics 
- Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.
Lighten up while you still can,
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand,
and take it easy.
- Raven hair and ruby lips
Sparks fly from her finger tips.
Echoed voices in the night
She's a restless spirit on an endless flight.
Wooo hooo witchy woman, see how high she flies.
Woo hoo witchy woman she got the moon in her eye.
- Witchy Woman, written by Don Henley and Bernie Leadon
- And I found out a long time ago
What a woman can do to your soul.
Ah, but she can't take you anyway
You don't already know how to go.
- It's another tequila sunrise
Starin' slowly 'cross the sky, said goodbye
He was just a hired hand
Workin' on the dreams he planned to try
The days go by.
- Tequila Sunrise, written by Henley & Frey
- Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able.
You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet.
- Desperado, written by Henley & Frey
- Desperado, oh, you ain't gettin' no younger.
Your pain and your hunger, they're drivin' you home.
And freedom, oh freedom well, that's just some people talkin'
Your prison is walking through this world all alone.
On the Border (1974) 
- Well, I heard some people talkin' just the other day
And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf.
But let me tell you I got some news for you,
And you'll soon find out it's true.
And then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself.
'Cause I'm already gone
And I'm feelin' strong.
I will sing this vict'ry song.
- Already Gone, written by Tempchin & Strandlund
- The letter that you wrote me made me stop and wonder why.
But I guess you felt like you had to set things right,
Just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky,
You can see the stars and still not see the light (that's right).
- Already Gone
- James Dean, James Dean
I know just what you mean.
James Dean, you said it all so clean.
And I know my life would look alright
If I could see it on the silver screen.
- Every night I'm lyin' in bed
Holdin' you close in my dreams
Thinkin' about all the things that we said
And comin' apart at the seams
We try to talk it over
But the words come out too rough
I know you were tryin'
To give me the best of your love.
- Best of My Love, written by Henley, Frey, Souther
One of These Nights (1975) 
- One of these nights
One of these crazy old nights
We're gonna find out
What turns on your lights.
The full moon is calling,
The fever is high,
And the wicked wind whispers
You got your demons
You got desires
Well, I got a few of my own.
- One of These Nights, written by Henley & Frey
- I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white.
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
- One of These Nights
- Late at night a big old house gets lonely.
I guess every form of refuge has its price.
And it breaks her heart to think her love is
Only given to a man with hands as cold as ice.
- Lyin' Eyes, written by Henley & Frey
- You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes.
- Lyin' Eyes
- You know I've always been a dreamer
(Spent my life running 'round)
And it's so hard to change.
(Can't seem to settle down)
But the dreams I've seen lately
Keep on turning out and burning out
And turning out the same.
So put me on a highway
And show me a sign
And take it to the limit one more time.
- Take It to the Limit, written by Meisner, Henley, Frey
Hotel California (1976) 
- On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell.
And I was thinking to myself,
'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell.'
- Hotel California, written by Felder, Henley, Frey
- Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast.
- Hotel California
- Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door.
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before.
'Relax,' said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave!
- Hotel California
- Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Will she still love you when you're not around?
There's so many things you should have told her,
but night after night you're willing to hold her,
Just hold her, tears on your shoulder.
- New Kid in Town, written by Souther, Henley, Frey
- He was a hard-headed man
He was brutally handsome, and she was terminally pretty
She held him up, and he held her for ransom in the heart
of the cold, cold city.
He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude
They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude.
They had one thing in common, they were good in bed.
She'd say, 'Faster, faster. The lights are turnin' red."
Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind.
- Life in the Fast Lane, written by Walsh, Henley, Frey
- She said, "Listen, baby. You can hear the engine ring.
We've been up and down this highway; haven't seen a goddamn thing."
He said, "Call the doctor. I think I'm gonna crash."
"The doctor say he's comin', but you gotta pay him cash."
They went rushin' down that freeway, messed around and got lost
They didn't know they were just dyin' to get off.
- Life in the Fast Lane
The Long Run (1979) 
- I used to hurry a lot, I used to worry a lot
I used to stay out till the break of day.
Oh, that didn't get it,
It was high time I quit it
I just couldn't carry on that way.
Oh, I did some damage, I know it's true
Didn't know I was so lonely , till I found you.
- The Long Run, written by Henley & Frey
- You can go the distance
We'll find out in the long run (in the long run)
We can handle some resistance
If our love is a strong one (is a strong one).
- The Long Run
- Look at us baby, up all night
Tearing our love apart
Aren't we the same two people who lived
Through years in the dark?
Every time I try to walk away
Something makes me turn around and stay.
And I can't tell you why.
- I Can't Tell You Why, written by Schmit, Henley, Frey
- Somewhere out there on that horizon
Out beyond the neon lights
I know there must be somethin' better
but there's nowhere else in sight
It's survival in the city
When you live from day to day
City streets don't have much pity
When you're down, that's where you'll stay.
- Somebody's gonna hurt someone
Before the night is through
Somebody's gonna come undone.
There's nothin' we can do.
Everybody wants to touch somebody
If it takes all night.
Everybody wants to take a little chance,
Make it come out right.
- Oh, it seemed like a holy place,
Protected by amazing grace
And we would sing right out loud,
The things we could not say
We thought we could change this world
With words like "love" and "freedom"
We were part of the lonely crowd
Inside the Sad Cafe.
- The Sad Cafe
Long Road out of Eden (2007) 
- They say that anger is just love disappointed.
They say that love is just a state of mind,
But all this fighting over who will be anointed.
Oh how can people be so blind.
- Hole in the World, written by Henley & Frey
- Eagles official website