The Good Girl
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I was looking at you in the store and I liked how you kept to yourself. I saw in your eyes that you hate the world. I hate it too.
- After living in the dark for so long, a glimpse of the light can make you giddy. Strange thoughts come into your head and you'd better think 'em. Has a special fate been calling you and you're not listening? Is there a secret message right infront of you and you're not reading it? Is this your last best chance? Are you going to take it? Or are you going to the grave with unlived lives in your veins?
- You're a writer so you have yourself a goal, I guess. I used to, you know, lay in bed and imagine other cities, other jobs I could have; other husbands. Now I don't even know what to imagine anymore.
- As a girl you see the world as a giant candy store filled with sweet candy and such. But one day you look around and you see a prison and you're on death row. You wanna run or scream or cry but something's locking you up. Are the other folks cows chewing cud until the hour comes when their heads roll? Or are they just keeping quiet like you, planning their escape.
- You're gonna wanna to take a whole bottle of this home with you. It's got quite a lot of ingredients in it, so you're getting a good deal. It got ginkgo extract in it. D'ya know what that is? It's extract of the ginkgo and it makes your skin real slick so that any liquid will roll right off ya, be it water or lemon juice or urine. I'll put it in a bag for you.
- I've decided to move Cheryl over to cosmetics. She got a little too creative on the PA.
- Dear Justine, because of you i'll be quitting the retail rodeo. The last two days have been the most godawful of my life. I have not been able to get rid of you in my head. I'll never want anything so bad, and I've wanted many things. I'd given up long ago on being 'gotten' by someone else, and then you came along. The idea that I could be gotten because of circumstance, or never get got, is the worst feeling I've ever felt, and I have felt many bad feelings.
I'm sorry I can never see you again Justine, forgive me for being so weak, but that's who I am. Goodbye, Holden.
If for some reason, you could change your mind and wanna be with me, body and soul, meet me after work. I will be waiting for you at 5pm outside Chuckie Cheese. If you are not there at five, you will never see me again in your lifetime.
- Holden: I crave you! I wanna know everything about you. Who are you?
- Justine: I'm just this woman.