The Haunting of Molly Hartley
The Haunting of Molly Hartley is a 2008 film that follows a teen who looks to put her troubled past behind her with a fresh start at a new school, where she sparks with one of the most popular students. But can her secrets stay buried, especially as she learns more about the horrific truth that awaits her once she turns 18?
- (after her mother disappears behind the bus, frantic) Where are you? Where are you? Where is she? Where is she?
- Leave... me... alone!!!
- Stop acting like everything is alright. It's never going to be alright.
- I thought I was crazy.
- (to Alexis) Why are you so nice to me?
- (to Joseph, about his home) You're rich. Rich rich.
- (about her mother) She came back! She told me everything!
Mr. Hartley 
- (to Molly) I'm not trying to control your life.
- Sweetie, you're not crazy.
Dr. Emerson 
- You have always belonged to us... Welcome. We've been waiting.
- (to Molly) We're going to keep an eye on you. We're not going to let anything happen to you.
- (in the bathroom, coming out the stall) You can't hide in here all day, you know. Believe me, I've tried.
- I don't um, I don't do the cafeteria thing. So... (putting her number in Molly's cell phone) Call me later and ditch the bible thumper.
- (sarcastically bumping into Suzie) I'm so sorry. I didn't even see you there.
- (to Joseph, about his party guests) Do you seriously know, like all of these people?
Joseph Young 
- Can't be to carefull.
- (to Molly) I would've milked that brain surgery thing for like a month off, may be two.
Mrs. Hartley 
- (to Molly) I know what you are!
- People make fun of me because I'm on scholarship, not that it's any of their business. And some people are offended because I have close personal relationship with Jesus.
- (to Molly) I pray for you every night.
Whispering Voices 
- Where's she going?
- Molly?... Molly?... Molly?... Molly?... Molly?... Molly?... Where are you?
- Molly?... Molly?... I know who you are, Molly!
- Laurel: (crying as she is hurt) Daddy. I-I don't understand.
- Mr. Miller: (to Laurel after killing her) I couldn't let you turn 18. I couldn't let them take you.
- Molly Hartley: (enters the bathroom and sees her mom on the floor) Mom?
- Mrs. Hartley: Pray with me, honey. Close your eyes.
- Molly Hartley: (closes her eyes) Forgive me, father. For I have sinned.
- Mrs. Hartley: Just close your eyes. I'm sorry. (raises a pair of knife and slashes at Molly)
- Laurel: You have a great power in front of you.
- Molly Hartley: I don't want it.
- Laurel: But you will.
- Dr. Emerson: Congratulations, Molly.
- Molly Hartley: Thank you.
- Dr. Emerson: See you soon.
- Alexis: (visiting Molly in the hospital, Alexis pulls out a Bible) Molly, have you been saved?
- Molly Hartley: Well, they said they caught the tumor pretty early...
- Alexis: Have you been baptized?
- Molly: My parents don't believe in that sort of thing.
- Alexis: Well, what about you? This is your life, your journey. What do you believe? (when Molly doesn't answer) I'm just worried about you. That's all.
- (entering the green house, seeing Joseph with a birthday cake)
- Molly: What are you doing?
- Joseph: Are you surprised? It's your birthday, right?
- Molly: ...Tomorrow.
- Joseph: Well, it's almost tomorrow. So, appy birthday a few minutes early.
- Dr. Emerson: So how does it feel?
- Molly: How does what feel? (as the whispers start)
- Dr. Emerson: Your new life... We're all here for you. We've watched you grow. We've chosen you.
- Molly: No!
- Dr. Emerson: No?
- Molly: (to Joseph) You knew all along?!? You Lied to me?!? You promised to help me!!
- Dr. Emerson: He is helping you. We're all helping you. You're the one, Molly. Don't you know how lucky you are?
- Molly: (unbelieving) Lucky?!?
- Dr. Emerson: You'll have power like no one before you.
- Molly: I didn't choose this!!!
- Dr. Emerson: Your mother and father made that choise for you.
- Molly: They did it to save my life. That's no a choice!
- Dr. Emerson: Off course it is. But human weakness has it's consequences. It always has.
- Joseph: (catching her in the hallway) Molly. Hey, are you okay? I've been so worried about you. I've left you messages. Why didn't you call me back?
- Molly: almost crying) I don't know.
- Joseph: What happened the night of the party>
- Molly: I didn't mean to hurt her. (Suzie)
- Joseph: Molly, I don't care about what happened to Suzie. I care about what happened to you.
- (at the party)
- Suzie: (shoving her) What the hell are you doing here?
- Molly: You're ex-boyfriend invited me.
- Suzie: (scoffing) My ex-boyfriend ? I'm supposed to be shocked? Am I supposed to runaway crying? Am I supposed to be scared? Everyone knows you're a mental case, Molly. Just like your mother.
- Molly: (turning to leave) Go to hell!
- Suzie: Stay away from my boyfriend! (going after her)
- Molly: (turning, grabbing her by the wrist and twisting her arm) I don't like being threatened!!!
- Haley Bennett - Molly Hartley
- Jake Weber - Robert Hartley
- Shannon Woodward - Leah
- Chace Crawford - Joseph Young
- Shanna Collins - Alexis White
- AnnaLynne McCord - Suzie
- Marin Hinkle - Jane Hartley
- Nina Siemaszko - Dr. Emerson
- Josh Stewart - Mr. Draper
- Jessica Lowndes - Laurel Miller
- Randy Wayne - Michael
- Jamie McShane - Father Ron Canada & Mr. Bennett
- Kevin Cooney - Dr. Donaldson