The Ice Storm
The Ice Storm is a 1997 drama film directed by Ang Lee and written by Rick Moody and James Schamus, based on Moody's eponymous novel. Set at Thanksgiving 1973 during a fictional ice storm, it features two dysfunctional suburban Connecticut families trying to deal with tumultuous political and social changes of the early 1970s, and their escapism through alcohol, adultery, and sexual experimentation.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [Wendy says grace at Thanksgiving dinner.]
- Wendy Hood: Dear Lord, thank you for this Thanksgiving holiday. And for all the material possessions we have and enjoy. And for letting us white people kill all the Indians and steal their tribal lands. And stuff ourselves like pigs, even though children in Asia are being napalmed.
- Ben Hood: Jesus! Enough, alright? Paul… roll?
- The American Dream was over. But the hangover was just beginning.
- It was 1973, and the climate was changing.
- Kevin Kline - Ben Hood
- Joan Allen - Elena Hood
- Sigourney Weaver - Janey Carver
- Henry Czerny - George Clair
- Tobey Maguire - Paul Hood
- Christina Ricci - Wendy Hood
- Elijah Wood - Mikey Carver
- Adam Hann-Byrd - Sandy Carver