The Jungle Book 2
The Jungle Book 2 is a 2003 animated feature film produced by the DisneyToons studio in Sydney and released by Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Distribution. The theatrical version of the film was released in France on February 5, 2003, and released in the United States on February 14, 2003. The film is a sequel to Walt Disney's 1967 film The Jungle Book, and stars Haley Joel Osment as the voice of Mowgli and John Goodman as the voice of Baloo. The film was originally produced as a direct-to-video film, but was released theatrically first, similar to the Peter Pan sequel, Return to Never Land. It is the third Disney sequel to have a theatrical release rather than going direct-to-video after The Rescuers Down Under in 1990 and Return to Neverland in 2002. The film is not based on The Second Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, first published in 1895. However, they do have several characters in common. When released, it was criticised mainly for its cut-rate animation and a lazy, samey plotline to the original film. Disney released the VHS and DVD versions on June 10, 2003. On June 17, 2008, a Special Edition DVD was released.
- Colonel Hathi: Confound that, solder. That's a fish!
- Kaa: Are you hungry? I'm sssstrave!
- Bagheera: This has to stop. You can't keep trying to take Mowgli from the man village. The boy's future lies with his own kind.
- Baloo: Oh! His future can wait. (sighs) I miss my bear cub.
- Bagheera: (sighs) It's not safe for him in the jungle. You know Shere Khan is looking for Mowgli.
- Baloo: Just let Shere Khan try something. We handled old stripes once, we'll do it again.
- (Bagheera walks in front of Baloo and King Louie.)
- Bagheera: Baloo, don't push your luck.
- Baloo: Outta the way, Baggy!
- Bagheera: You're not going near the VILLAGE!
- (Bagheera falls through the log then into the river. Baloo looks down the hole in the log. Bagheera jumps out for air.)
- Baloo: Later, Baggy!
- Bagheera: That's it! Hathi, Plan B!
- Ranjan: (beats Kaa repeatedly with a stick for trying to eat Shanti) Bad snake! Bad snake! Bad snake! Bad snake! Bad snake!
- Shanti: Ranjan? What are you doing here?
- Ranjan: Bad snake, bad snake! You leave Shanti alone!
- Mowgli: I'm sorry, sir. It's just...
- Mowgli's Father: No, Mowgli. I'm sorry. I should've understood that the jungle is a part of who you are.
- Shanti: Good night, Mowgli.
- Mowgli: Night, Shanti.
 Voice cast
- John Goodman as Baloo
- Haley Joel Osment as Mowgli
- Mae Whitman as Shanti
- Connor Funk as Ranjan
- Joe Alaskey as Bagheera
- Tony Jay as Shere Khan
- John Rhys-Davies as Ranjan's Father
- Jim Cummings as Kaa/Colonel Hathi/King Louie