The Land Before Time
The Land Before Time is a 1988 American animated adventure film directed and co-produced by Don Bluth (through his Sullivan Bluth Studios), and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy, and Frank Marshall.
- (exasperated) My name is not Flathead. My name is (enunciating) LIT-TUL-FOOT!
- Oh, you can't quit now. What if the Great Valley's just over the top of these rocks?
- (to Cera) Go on! Go the wrong way! We never wanted you with us anyway!
- We did it. We did it together.
- (last original lines) Now we'll always be together. (Note: This line was removed from the entire film.)
- But you are flyer, not a faller.
- My father told me that flatheads had very small brains.
- I found it! Hee!
- You again? Go away! That's my hopper.
- I can get my OWN green food! (attempts to hit a tree, but no tree stars come down, so Littlefoot drops some for her, and then, Cera eats the tree stars) See? I can take care of myself all by myself. I'm not afraid to be alone, I know my way to go, AND I'm not afraid of Sharp Tooth... I hope he doesn't eat any of you!
- (repeated line) Yep yep yep.
- Don't step on a crack, or you'll fall and break your back. (laughs, stomach growls) My stomach is talking.
- Petrie, don't feel sad. It's alright. Many things can't fly. Rocks, trees, sticks, Spike...
- Spike, don't stop! We must stay together!
- You are a spiketail...so we will call you Spike!
- (trying to coax Spike out of his egg) You should come out. You should. You are late. Yes, you are. Yep yep yep.
- Ooh. Mother present. Very important. I stay here, keep safe. Don't let nobodies touch! (Begins marching back and forth on Littlefoot's head, rolling up the treestar and holding it like a rifle)
- You've got a nice flat head, flathead.
- (Trying to smell for green food) I smell, I smell, I smeeelllll...hmm, Ducky.
- (Inside the tar pit) Cera, Littlefoot-- Oh, Cera, Ducky, Spike, HEEEEEELP!
- [as Littlefoot, Ducky and Spike save him from the tar pit] Flathead! Ducky! Spike! Oh, Petrie is so happy!
 Littlefoot's Mother
- Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
- (last words) Littlefoot..Let your heart guide you...It whispers. So listen closely...
- [to Littlefoot, in cloud form] Littlefoot...
 Topsy (Cera's father)
- Come, Cera, threehorns never play with longnecks.
- Oh... I see.
- It's not your fault... It's not your mother's fault. Now, you pay attention to old Rooter. It is nobody's fault. The Great Circle of Life has begun, but, you see, not all of us arrive together at the end.
- Once, upon this same earth, beneath this same sun, long before you, before the ape and the elephant as well, before the wolf, the bison, the whale, before the mammoth and the mastodon... was the time of the dinosaurs. Now the dinosaurs were of two kinds: some had flat teeth and ate the leaves of trees, and some had sharp teeth for eating meat, and they preyed upon the leaf-eaters. Then it happened that the leaves began to die. The mighty beasts who appeared to rule earth were ruled, in truth, by the leaf. Desperate for food, some dinosaur herds stuck out toward the west, searching for their Great Valley - a land still lush and green. It was a journey toward life. It was a march of many dangers. Sharpteeth stalked the herds, waiting to seize any who strayed. The leaf-eaters stopped only to hatch their young.
- Some of the young seemed born without fear.
- One herd had only a single baby: their last hope for the future. And they called him... ...Littlefoot.
- All that remained of his herd was his mother, grandmother and his grandfather. He knew them by sight, by scent, and by their love. He knew they would be together, always.
- In this time of the clashing of continents, a great earthquake split the land. Herds were divided. Families were cut in two. Littlefoot was separated from his grandparents. Cera was on one side of the divide; her parents were on the other.
- At first, Littlefoot could only think about his mother. He hardly noticed his own hunger and had forgotten about the Great Valley and that he must somehow reach it.
- Then Littlefoot knew for certain he was alone, and although the Great Valley was far away, the journey there was perilous. He would have to find his way, or the chain of life would be broken.
- And they all grew up together in the valley. Generation upon generation, each passing on to the next: the tale of their ancestors' journey to the valley long ago.
- Ducky: [giggles] Mama.
- Ducky's Mom: Hmm.
- Littlefoot: When will we get there?
- Littlefoot's Mother: The bright circle will pass over us many times, and we must follow it each day until it touches the ground.
- Littlefoot: Have you ever seen the Great Valley?
- Littlefoot's Mother: No.
- Littlefoot: Well, then how do you know it's really there?
- Littlefoot's Mother: Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
- Littlefoot: I don't understand, Mother.
- Littlefoot's Mother: You will, my son. You will.
- [After Littlefoot's Mother fought off the Sharptooth]
- Littlefoot: Mother! Mother! Mother, where are you? [Mrs. Longneck is seen injured] Mother. Mother? Please get up.
- Littlefoot's Mother: I'm, not sure I can, Littlefoot.
- Littlefoot: Yes you can, get up. [Mrs. Longneck gets up, but falls back down and weakened from her injury] HMM?
- Littlefoot's Mother: Dear sweet Littlefoot, So you remember the way to the Great Valley?
- Littlefoot: [tears up] I guess so. But why do I have to know? You gotta be with me
- Littlefoot's Mother: I'll be with you. Even if you can't see me.
- Littlefoot: What do you mean I can't see you? I can always see you.
- Littlefoot's Mother: [with her last words] Littlefoot, let your heart guide you. It whispers. So listen closely.
- Littlefoot: Mother? Mother?
- [Mrs. Longneck remains mute as she dies from her injury.]
- Rooter: Hey! What's going on here?
- Rooter: Well, that, too, will go in time, little fella. Only in time.
- Littlefoot: But it's the wrong way!
- Cera: Who says?
- Littlefoot: My mother!
- Cera: Then she was stupid a long neck too.
- Littlefoot: [he gasps for rumble Sharptooth appears]
- Cera: Sharptooth! Gaaaah!
- Ducky: You shouldn't eat talk to trees, no, no, no...
- Petrie: Blrblrblrb! Whoa! Waaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooh! [he push into the Littlefoot]
- Littlefoot: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! [While the whip or hurl, Petrie screamed in the air, Ducky runs away and stands there. Petrie goes to an accidentally collapses into the floor it crashes. Long pause, Ducky runs over into a hole.]
- Ducky: Who are you, huh?
- Petrie: My, my name Petrie.
- Cera: Daddy! [he run off a bit, a cliff on the half] Aaah! Aaah!
- Narrator: In this time of the clashing of continents, a great earthquake split the land. Herds were divided. Families were cut in two. Littlefoot was separated from his grandparents.
- Topsy: Cera!
- Narrator: Cera was on one side of the divide, her parents were on the other.