The Langoliers (film)
The Langoliers is a 2 episode miniseries based on the novella of the same name by Stephen King. Each episode is two hours long, counting commercials.
- [After the plane goes through the time rip, she wakes up] Would somebody speak to me, please? I'm sorry but my aunt's gone and I'm blind.
- [About Toomey] There's something strange in that man's head.
- [About who Laurel is going to Boston] That's strange, isn't it? Fly all the way across the country for someone you've never even met before?
- [As he is about to go through the time rip.] Oh, my God! So beautiful!
- [After Albert has knocked Craig Toomey unconscious] You did this with a toaster?
- [Before attempting to smother the unconcious Toomey] This is more than you deserve, you bastard.
- [After stabbing Dinah and running away] She's not a little girl. She's not a little girl. She's one of them. She's the head Langolier.
- I have a meeting at Boston's Prudential Center at nine o'clock this morning! Promptly at nine o'clock! That's whats important. Now, I booked a seat on this conveyance, in good faith , and I have no intention of being late for that appointment! Now, I have three question for you. Number 1: who authorized an unscheduled stop for this airliner while I was asleep? Number 2: where that stop was made, and number 3: WHY, why was that done?
- [Last words before falling asleep just before going through the rip] So... beautiful.
- It's time to fish or cut bait.
- Gentlemen, the cola is very, very good today.
- [Bob is watching the Langoliers eat up the entire airport]
- Bob Jenkins: Now we know, don't we?
- Laurel Stevenson: Know what? We know what?
- Bob Jenkins: We know what happens to today when it becomes yesterday. It waits for them. It waits for them, the timekeepers of eternity. Always :following them behind, cleaning up the mess in the most efficient way possible: by eating it!
- [Engle informs the remaining passengers that they are diverting to Bangor]
- Craig Toomy: I have an important meeting in Boston this morning at nine O'clock! And I forbid you... from flying to some whistle-stop Maine airport! DO YOU HEAR ME?
- Laurel Stevenson: Can you please quiet down? You're scaring the little girl.
- Craig Toomy: Scaring the little girl? SCARING THE LITTLE GIRL?! LADY! We've been diverted to some tin... pot airport in the middle of nowhere! And I have more important things to think about than scaring a little girl!
- Don Gaffney: [Yelling] Hey, why don't you just sit down and shut up, or I'm gonna pop you one!
- Craig Toomey: [After a pause] You wouldn't do it alone, bud.
- Rudy Warwick: [walking in] He won't have to. I'll take a swing at you myself if you don't shut up.
- Craig Toomey: [sarcastically] I'm really scared now.
- Albert Kaussner: [Slightly nervous] I'll help them if you don't stop it, mister. I really will.
- [The camera view switches to what Toomey sees, showing him seeing them all in hideously ugly monster-like forms. Dinah, sensing what he can see, turns and looks into Toomey's eyes. Toomey looks back and then lets out a yell of pain, and after a long pause, smiles to the group]
- Craig Toomey': Okay. Okay, fine. You're all against me... that's fine. That's fine. [Sits down]
- Nick Hopewell: Do you ever watch Mr. Spock on Star Trek?
- Craig Toomy: What the hell are you talking about?
- Nick Hopewell: Just if you don't shut your cakehole, you bloody idiot, I'll be happy to demonstrate his Vulcan sleeper-hold for you.
- Albert Kaussner: You know something, don't you?
- Bob Jenkins: I might. But then I might not...
Patricia Wettig ... Laurel Stevenson Dean Stockwell ... Bob Jenkins David Morse ... Captain Brian Engle Mark Lindsay Chapman ... Nick Hopewell Frankie Faison ... Don Gaffney Baxter Harris ... Rudy Warwick Kimber Riddle ... Bethany Simms Christopher Collet ... Albert Kaussner Kate Maberly ... Dinah Catherine Bellman Bronson Pinchot ... Craig Toomey Tom Holland ... Harker Julie Arnold Lisnet ... Aunt Vicki Michael Louden ... Richard Logan Kymberly Dakin ... Doris Heartman David Forrester ... Danny Keene Stephen King ... Craig Toomey's boss in hallucination