The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Whoa... Human?! What business does a human have coming here?! None! No business! This is a forbidden place! I will protect this treasure from you!
- Ugh... That...hurt a lot. Who knew that humans were capable of such feats of strength...
- (When speaking to her in wolf form) Link... Hurry up and return to your true self...
- I shall house my power in you... If there is anything you desire then I shall desire it, too.
- Welcome to my castle.
- Your people have long amused me, Midna. To defy the gods with such petty magic, only to be cast aside… How very pathetic. Pathetic as they were, though, they served me well. Their anguish was my nourishment. Their hatred bled across the void and awakened me. I drank deep of it and grew strong again. Your people had some skill, to be sure…but they lacked true power. The kind of absolute power that those chosen by the gods wield. He who wields such power would make a suitable king for this world, don’t you think?
- (While possessing Zelda) And you two...faithless fools, who dare take up arms against the King of Light and Shadow. So you choose. And so you shall feel my wrath!
- Shadow has been moved by light, it seems … how amusing. Very well... Deny me, then! Yes, try to deny me... You and your little friend...
- An impressive-looking blade... But nothing more.
- Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade... and use it to blot out the light forever!
- Do not think this ends here... The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!
- A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. You may be destined to become the hero of legend...but your current power would disgrace the proud green of the hero's tunic you wear. You must use your courage to seek power...and find it you must. Only then will you become the hero for whom this world despairs.
- If you do find true courage, and you wish to save Hyrule from the horrors it now faces... Then you will be worthy to receive the secrets I hold!
- Those are only for the one who carries the blood of the hero...the one whose spirit is that of the sublime beast.
- You have at last mastered all of the hidden skills. Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased those regrets. You who have marched through countless foes, each mightier than the last... You who now gaze to the future with vision unclouded... Surely you can restore Hyrule to its stature of yore as the chosen land of the gods. ...Farewell!
- Go and do not falter, my child!
- Oh, hi, Link. I washed Epona for you!
- Epona is a girl too, so you have to treat her nice like one!
- Oh, but listen, Link... Could you do something for me? Can you use a piece of grass to play that song for me? You know, the one that Epona likes? I tried to play it for Epona, but I just can't seem to play it the way you can, Link.
- It's such a nice melody... Epona looks happy.
- Well, she's all prettied up now, so I suppose you can ride her back. But don't you make her do too much, OK?
- The path before you is long, my sweet horse...but please bear Link safely along it. Wait... What's this? What's happened? She's injured, isn't she? Link? How could you! You were pushing Epona too hard again! I bet you hurt her leg jumping fences, didn't you!
- But, Link... Can you at least promise me this? Just come home safely.
- Thanks to you, this child is saved. I want to thank you for being so kind to someone like me... Someone you don't even know.
- Through Renado's kindness, I, too, have been allowed to stay a little longer under his care in this village. The children here are all so kind. Such a lovely little village...
- I... I knew you once... Yes... This feels so familiar... The scent of hay... Long ago... When we were young, you and I... You were always there... You were always beside me... Link. This gift was meant for you. It was something I wanted to give you before you left on your journey. Please, Link, take it. You don't need to worry about me any longer. Whenever you return... I'll be waiting for you. Link... Do you remember what I was saying about the rod of the heavens? Well, actually... It was about the messenger to the heavens who held the rod... The nice woman who saved me told me about it... Apparently, in this woman's village, they've guarded something for the heavenly messenger for generations, so they await him. But they can't give this item away until the messenger arrives with the rod... That's why the lady couldn't leave her village, you see... Say, Link... Do you have any idea who this messenger to the heavens might be? Or even what the rod is?
- I will be all right, Link. I will be waiting here with the children until you return! So...don't worry about us, OK?
- Go home, you savages! Go on, git! I don't have any food left to feed you monsters! And I don't know anything about the girl! I'm not opening up until every last one of you is gone! You heard me! So get out of here!
- The howls of the beasts... They've faded into silence... Wait, are you... The savior! It's you, the savior! Please, please forgive me...for not opening up the door. My name is Impaz. I'm the last resident of this poor village.
- My name comes from the great one who built this village so long ago... This village was once the secret home of a proud tribe who served the royal family... But it fell into decline, and became infested with dangerous beasts. It's become an awful place...
- Excuse me for asking, but is your name...Link? Ah! I knew it... So then, you saved that nice girl? ...How lovely. When she was here, she would often cheer me up by saying that you would come to help. That sweet girl... She worried about this old woman even as I helped her to escape from here... By royal order, I can't leave this place until a certain person arrives. ...No matter what terrible fate is visited upon it...
- Oh, but listen to me blather on! I have a favor to ask: would you help me return this to her? I think she always kept it close to her heart, but even so, she didn't hesitate to part with it in order to protect me... I believe in my heart that it's kept me safe all this time... So please... I ask that you return it to that girl.
Kili, Hanna and Misha
- (After Link wins the STAR Game) EEEK! It's HIM! (swoon)
- I have come to play!
- I follow the strongest side!... That is all I have ever known.
- When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world. They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens.
- Those who do not know the danger of wielding power will, before long, be ruled by it...Never forget that.
- (after Wolf Link sets a house on fire) What did you do? Sorry, but as romantic as this is, I'm not going to stay here with you, I'm getting out!
- (while Wolf Link is in a burning building) HEY! If you don't hurry up and get out... Ohh, I can't even say it!
- So, you're not absolutely stupid after all! (To Link in Wolf form)
- Huh, what is it?
- I want you to do me a favor. I can't give you the details now, but it will be easy.
- You don't have to look so sad! We actually find it to be quite livable! I mean, is perpetual twilight really all that bad?
- Ha. Such conceit.
- Look at that open window... This village is full of idiots.
- Well, well... You're the chosen hero and all that, huh? So THAT'S why you turned into that beast!
- You’re just now figuring out where Zant got his power? It’s far too late...
- :(You press the Z button (GameCube)/up on the D-pad (Wii) after beating the Lakebed temple semi-boss): Ewww... That wasn't good for my appetite...
- Zelda...I've taken all you had to give,though I did not want it.
- Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound so unpleasant... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all the people were pure and gentle... But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world...
- Zant. Isn’t this ironic? Here we are, all thanks to the dark magic curse you placed on Link!
- So Ganondorf was just using Zant to help him return to the world of light... I guess now we know the true nature of that barrier over Hyrule Castle... He's in Hyrule Castle, I'm sure of it... Princess Zelda is in grave danger! We must return to the world of light and hurry to the castle!
- (After the King Bulblin spoke to Link) Link, he... He spoke.
- (When her curse is lifted) What? Say something! Am I so beautiful you’ve no words left?
- Well…I guess this is farewell, huh? Light and shadow can't mix, as we all know. But… Never forget that there's another world bound to this one.
- Thank you… Well, the princess spoke truly—as long as that mirror’s around, we could meet again… Link… I… See you later… (The Mirror of Twilight is shattered as Midna departs for the Twilight Realm)
- So, you're...Ganondorf. I've been dying to meet you!
- There, there. You be a good boy and calm down. No need to bite! So! I bet you're wondering, where are we?! Well, I'll make you a deal. If you can get over here, I'll tell you. Eee hee!
- I found you! Oooh! Aren't you scary? Eee hee! Are you sure you want to be doing that? Snarling and glaring at me? Well, that's too bad... I was planning on helping you... if you were nice. (Wolf Link calms down) Eee hee! That's much better! You humans are obedient to a fault, aren't you? Oops! But you AREN'T human anymore, are you? You're a beast! Eee hee!
- There. We finally got the second piece of the mirror. But still, I feel bad for the way we treated that poor girl. This world... ALL worlds can be cruel.
- No matter what, a fake is a fake, and no matter how much you try to dress it up, the real thing always wins!
- What an honor you know my name.
- (you talk to Midna in the first Goron Mines room to have a hot spring) That's weird. This place is pretty cool. Might be nice to take a bath
- HEEEEEEY! Go no further! There is a black wall ahead that blocks the way!
- I am the honorable and dependable letter carrier, known to some as... the postman.
- (After Link completes the Cave of Ordeals a second time) I think you are lost. It's got to be around here somewhere...but what dose the letter say
- (In Telma's bar) Hmm - what to order, what to order... I do believe I will start with meat.
- (At a stove in Kakariko Village's Inn) I dropped a letter into the hot springs and now I can't read it. Gotta blow this thing dry!
- (In goat barn at Ordon) We can't just let this goat eat the letter!
- (behind queen zora's chair at zora domain) Hmm... This letter is adressed to Mr. Zora. Now who could that be?
- Well, my business here is concluded; Onward to mail!
- Tell me... Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls? They say it's the only time when our world intersects with theirs... The only time we can feel the lingering regrets of spirits who have left our world.That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight...
- Hee hee hee! ...'Bye!
- Hee hee hee... That was fun! I'll tell you what: I'll let you into a secret place!
- His name is... Ganondorf. He was the leader of a band of thieves who invaded Hyrule in the hopes of establishing dominion over the Sacred Realm. He was known as a demon thief, an evil-magic wielder renowned for his ruthlessness… But he was blind… In all his fury and might, he was blind to any danger, and thus was he exposed, subdued, and brought to justice.
- Yet… By some divine prank, he, too, had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods.
- Only the true leader of the Twili can utterly destroy the Mirror of Twilight… so Zant could only merely break it into pieces.
- [referring to the Mirror of Twilight] One is in the snowy mountain heights, one is in ancient grove, and one is in the heavens.
- Do you honestly think you could take an ancient and withered power like this(the fused shadows) and use it against me? You are a foolish traitor, Midna. Why do you defy your king?
- A question for you and all the people of Hyrule: Life? Or Death?
- Are you implying that my power is... our old magic? Now that is a joke! This power is granted to me by my god, and you will respect it!
- No matter how much you may desire otherwise, you will never be more than a shadow in their world.
- Not just for me, but all our people...lend me your power!
- (To Link)You still live… How astonishing. No wonder some call you “hero.” But this is truly a bittersweet reunion… Truly! For I fear this is the last time I will see you alive!
- It was then, in the thrall of hatred and despair, that I turned my eyes to the heavens... and found a god.
- My god had only one wish... to merge light and shadow... and make darkness!
- Y-You… TRAITORS!
- As long as my master, Ganon, survives, he will resurrect me without cease!
- (Upon seeing the manacle on Wolf Link's front ankle) ...You were imprisoned? I am sorry.
- So, this is the one for whom you were searching...
- Listen carefully... This was once the land where the power of the gods was said to slumber. This was once the kingdom of Hyrule. But that blessed kingdom has been transformed by the king that rules the twilight... It has been turned into a world of shadows, ruled by creatures who shun the light.
- Twilight covered Hyrule like a shroud, and without light, the people became as spirits. Within the twilight, they live on, unaware that they have passed into spirit forms... All the people know now is fear... Fear of a nameless evil... The kingdom succumbed to twilight, but I remain its princess... I am Zelda.
- Midna... This is no time for levity. The shadow beasts have been searching far and wide for you. Why is this?
- Time has grown short. The guard will soon make his rounds. You must leave here, quickly.
- What binds him is a different magic than what transformed him when he first passed the curtain of twilight. It is an evil power. Our world is one of balance... Just as there is light to drive away darkness, so, too, is there benevolence to banish evil. Head for the sacred grove that lies deep within the lands guarded by the spirit Faron. There you will find the blade of evil's bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages...the Master Sword. The Master Sword is a sacred blade that evil can never touch. Evil cloaks you like a dark veil...and that blade is the only thing that can cleave it. Link... Hero sent by the goddesses... Like you, I have been granted special powers by the goddesses...
- Midna... I believe I understand now just who and what you are... Despite your mortal injuries, you act in our stead... These dark times are the result of our deeds, yet it is you who have reaped the penalty. Accept this now, Midna. I pass it to you... (Zelda passes on her power to Midna and disappears)
- Our world is one of balance... Just as there is light to drive away darkness, so, too, is there benevolence to banish evil. Head for the sacred grove that lies deep within the lands guarded by the sprit Faron. There you will find the blade of evil’s bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages… the Master Sword.
- Say nothing, Midna...Your heart and mine were as one, however briefly...Such suffering you have endured...
- Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
- Link... Chosen hero! Lend us the last of your power!
- I’ll try to slow Ganondorf with my light arrows! You target him and keep him within range of my arrows!
- Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other. I know the reason the goddesses left the Mirror of Twilight in this world. They left it because it was their design that we should meet. Yes... that is what I believe.
- Zelda: Midna?!
- Midna: Eee hee! You remember my name? What an honor for me...
- Zelda: So, this is the one for whom you were searching.
- Midna: He's not exactly what I had in mind, but...I guess he'll do.
- Zelda: Midna, I believe I understand now just who and what you are... Despite your mortal injuries, you act in our stead... These dark times are the result of our deeds, yet it is you who have reaped the penalty. Accept this now, Midna. I pass it to you...
- Midna: No! Link! STOP HER! (Zelda sacrifices herself to save Midna) (after a long pause) We go back, Link! Back to the Faron Woods! Zelda...I’ve taken all that you had to give...though I did not want it.
- Zant: Y-You...TRAITORS!!
- Midna: Traitors? Hah! Do you want to know why none would call you king? It was in your eyes, Zant.
- Midna: Pr-Princess... I... I...
- Zelda: Say nothing, Midna... Your heart and mine were as one, however briefly... Such suffering you have endured.
- Midna: Well…I guess this is farewell, huh? Light and shadow can't mix, as we all know. But… Never forget that there's another world bound to this one.
- Zelda: Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other. I know the reason the goddesses left the Mirror of Twilight in this world. They left it because it was their design that we should meet. Yes... that is what I believe.
- Midna: Zelda, your words are kind and your heart is true. If all in Hyrule are like you, then maybe you'll do all right. [walks away to the Mirror of Twilight, and looks to Link] Thank you. Well, the princess spoke truly; as long as that mirror's around, we could meet again. [tearfully] Link... I... see you later. [she pushes one of her tears to the Mirror of Twilight, and it starts to shatter; Link rushes to her, but she departs back to the Twilight Realm]