The Man with the Golden Gun (film)
- Directed by Guy Hamilton. Written by Richard Maibaum and Tom Mankiewicz, based on the novel by Ian Fleming.
- James Bond: Who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed?
- M: Jealous husbands! Outraged chefs! Humiliated tailors! The list is endless!
- [After Bond beat up her bouncers and had swallowed her piercing]
- Belly Dancer: Ah! I've lost my charm!
- James Bond: Not from where I'm standing
- Lazar: My relationship with a client Mr. Bond is strictly confidential, like a doctor or a priest.
- James Bond: Of course, yet you make guns for fingerless hoodlums, bullets for assassins.
- Lazar: Mr. Bond, bullets do not kill. It is the finger that pulls the trigger.
- James Bond: Exactly. I am now aiming precisely at your groin. So speak or forever hold your piece.
- Francisco Scaramanga: [after Bond has broken out of Hai Fat's karate school] What do they teach at that school? Ballet dancing?
- Hai Fat: I find nothing remotely amusing about Mr. Bond's escape.
- Francisco Scaramanga: You underestimated him.
- Hai Fat: Even my influence does not extend into the British Secret Service. I shall lie low too. I do not intend to jeopardize a project in which I have invested half my fortune, when it is ready to yield billions.
- Francisco Scaramanga: Where will you hide out?
- Hai Fat: That is not your concern. Now, take this, [the solex] return it to the plant and don't leave there without my permission. [he doesn't see Scaramanga assembling the Golden Gun] May I remind you that you work for me. I took you on as a junior partner to be an occasional convenience, nothing more. I did not pay you to interfere in my affairs. Is that clear?
- Francisco Scaramanga: Yes, very clear.
- Hai Fat: I now regret having even considered employing your services, but that is beside the point. Bond doesn't know you're in Bangkok; he's never seen you. But he has seen me. That's the problem.
- Francisco Scaramanga: That's no problem.
- [He shoots Fat dead, then disassembles the Golden Gun as one of Fat's aides comes to investigate]
- Francisco Scaramanga: Mr. Fat has just resigned. I am the new Chairman of the Board. He always did like that mausoleum, put him in it.
- James Bond: You live well, Scaramanga.
- Francisco Scaramanga: At a million dollars a contract I can afford to, Mr Bond. You work for peanuts, a hearty well done from Her Majesty the Queen and a pittance of a pension. Apart from that we are the same. To us, Mr Bond, we are the best.
- James Bond: There's a useful four letter word, and you're full of it.
- James Bond: When I kill, it is on the specific orders of my Government. And those I kill are themselves killers.
- Francisco Scaramanga: Ha Come, come Mr. Bond you dissapoint me, you get as much fulfilment out of killing as I do, so why don't you admit it?
- James Bond: I admit killing you would be a pleasure.
- Francisco Scaramanga: Then you should have done that when you first saw me. On the other hand, the English don't consider it sporting to kill in cold blood, do they?
- James Bond: Don't count on that.
- Francisco Scaramanga: I could have shot you down when you landed, but that would have been ridiculously easy. You see, Mr Bond, like all great artists I want to create one indisputable masterpiece: The death of 007, Mano a mano. Will be mine.
- James Bond: You mean stuffed and mounted over your rocky mantelpiece?
- Francisco Scaramanga: It's an amusing idea, but I was thinking more in terms of history. A duel between titans... my golden gun against your Walther PPK. Each of us a 50-50 chance.
- James Bond: Six bullets to your one?
- Francisco Scaramanga: I only need one, Mr. Bond.
- James Bond: Pistols at dawn; it's a little old-fashioned, isn't it?
- Francisco Scaramanga: That it is. But it remains the only true test for gentlemen.
- James Bond: On that score, I doubt you qualify. However, I accept.
- Francisco Scaramanga: Look behind you. (Bond looks behind him and doesn't see anything) Lower
- [Nick Nack is seated behind Bond with some peanuts and a gun]
- James Bond: A gun and a bag of peanuts, how original! What will they think of next?
- Francisco Scaramanga: When I was a boy I was brought up in a circus. My only real friend was a huge, magnificent African bull elephant. One day, his handler mistreated him and he went berserk. Bleeding, dying, he came and found me, stood on one leg, his best trick, picked me up and put me on his back. The drunken handler came along and emptied his gun into his eye... I emptied my stage pistol into his!
- James Bond: An eye for an eye.
- Francisco Scaramanga: You see, Mr. Bond, I always thought I loved animals. Then I discovered that I enjoyed killing people even more.
- Francisco Scaramanga: [on the dead Andrea Anders] Forget the girl, she's replaceable. But I shall find what she stole from me. Personally, I've got nothing against you, Mr. Bond, and to keep it that way, let us hope our paths never cross again. Please don't try to follow me.
- James Bond: Your peanut-toting friend back there wouldn't like it?
- Francisco Scaramanga: No, he wouldn't.
- He never misses his target, and now his target is 007.
- Roger Moore as James Bond 007
- The man with the golden gun is ready to assassinate James Bond.
- The world's greatest villains tried to kill James Bond. Now it's Scaramanga's turn to try
- Roger Moore - James Bond
- Christopher Lee - Francisco Scaramanga
- Britt Ekland - Mary Goodnight
- Maud Adams - Andrea Anders
- Hervé Villechaize - Nick Nack
- Clifton James - Sheriff J.W. Pepper
- Richard Loo - Hai Fat
- Soon-Tek Oh - Lieutenant Hip
- Bernard Lee - M
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q