The Mist (film)
- Written and directed by Frank Darabont.
David Drayton 
- You don't understand, or you're trying really hard not to... are you guys being willfully dense?
- What we saw was impossible. You know that, don't you? What do we say? How do we convince them [to stay inside]? Ollie, what the hell were those tentacles even attached to?
Mrs. Carmody 
- There's no defense against the will of God. There's no court of appeals in hell. The end times have come; not in flames, but in mist...
Dan Miller 
- Something in the mist took John Lee and I heard him screaming!
Ollie Weeks 
- The entire front of this store is plate glass.
- As a species, we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?
- Jim: I'm sorry about the kid. We didn't twist his arm or anything!
- David Drayton: Yeah, he was a fucking kid. He's supposed to be stupid. What's your excuse?
- David Drayton: [referring to a clothesline] Tie this around your waist.
- Brent Norton: What for?
- David Drayton: It'll let us know you got at least three hundred feet.
- David Drayton: You're sure there's no way I can talk you out of this?
- Brent Norton: David, there's nothing out there. Nothing in the mist.
- David Drayton: And if you're wrong?
- Brent Norton: Then, I guess... the joke will be on me, after all.
- Amanda Dumfries: You don't have much faith in humanity, do you?
- Dan Miller: None whatsoever.
- Amanda Dumfries: I can’t accept that. People are basically good. Decent. My God, David, we’re a civilized society!
- David Drayton: Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shit out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get.