The Naked City
The Naked City is a 1948 film, filmed on the streets of New York City, in which the police investigate a woman's murder, with the actors playing their roles along with the people and the locations of the Big Apple.
- I don't know anything about medicine, doctor, but that's one prescription that never cured anything.
The world is so good but the people use to say that the world is not a good place to live in.
- There are eight million stories in the Naked City; this has been one of them.
- Thought you were off the liquor. Liquor is bad. Weakens your character. How can a man like me trust a liar like you? I can't.
- Muldoon: What can you tell me about Mr. Niles' Business?
- Perelli: He ain't got a business. It's a dodge. No credit rating. Dropped from his university club for non-payment of dues. Still owes a food and liquor bill of hundred and ten dollars and eighty three cents.
- Muldoon: No, the picnic is over, you've told your last lie. You're knee deep in stolen jewlery. You're involved in the Dexter Murder. You've been trying to obstruct justice all along the line. Now you're gonna tell me what I want to know or so help me if it's the last thing I do in this department, I'll get you twenty years. Now that's the truth Sonny Boy, and you know I'm not bluffing. Who's Henderson? Who's Henderson?
- Frank Niles: Stoneman! It's Doctor Stoneman.
- The Most Exciting Story of the World's Most Exciting City!
- The Soul of a City - HER GLORY STRIPPED! HER PASSIONS BARED!
- RAW LIFE! REAL LIFE! RECKLESS LIFE!
- Barry Fitzgerald - Det. Lt. Dan Muldoon
- Howard Duff - Frank Niles
- Dorothy Hart - Ruth Morrison
- Don Taylor - Det. Jimmy Halloran
- Frank Conroy - Capt. Donahue
- Ted de Corsia - Willie Garzah aka Willie the Harmonica
- House Jameson - Dr. Stoneman
- Anne Sargent - Mrs. Halloran
- Adelaide Klein - Mrs. Paula Batory
- Grover Burgess - Mr. Batory
- Tom Pedi - Det. Perelli
- Enid Markey - Mrs. Edgar Hylton
- Mark Hellinger - Narrator (voice)