The Next Karate Kid
The Next Karate Kid is a 1994 film about a troubled teenage girl, who after being harassed by local bullies, becomes a student of Mr. Kesuke Miyagi, who also happens to be an old comrade of her late grandfather. It is the fourth film in the Karate Kid series.
- Directed by Christopher Cain. Written by Mark Lee using the "Mr. Miyagi" character created by Robert Mark Kamen. Starring Pat Morita and Hilary Swank.
Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi
- Ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land.
- Anyone who lose parent, have much grief. Grief trapped in heart become big anger.
- Julie Pierce: Oh my God! My teeth don't match my nose!
- Sgt Kesuke Miyagi: Teeth fine. Nose fine. Everything fit just fine.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: The sun is warm, the grass is green.
- Julie Pierce: What?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: If today Julie-san get angry, just you repeat those words.
- Julie Pierce: I wish I had courage like you.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: I wish I had chocolate bar with almonds.
- Juile Pierce: That was great, Mr. Miyagi.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Not great. Miyagi always look for way not to fight. Miyagi hate fighting, was most unfortunate.
- Julie Pierce: Unfortunate? Come on! Aren't you glad you kicked some guy's butt?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Not want to kick anything. Was most unfortunate their butts attached to small brain.
- Julie Pierce: What's going on?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Nothing just monks having good time.
- Julie Pierce: I thought they were supposed to be spiritual leaders.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance.
- [last lines]
- Julie Pierce: Mr. Miyagi, come on admit it. We kicked some butt.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Julie-san, fighting not good. But if must fight... win. [winks]
- [Dugan is upset that no one else is willing to fight Julie]
- Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi: Enough!
- Colonel Dugan: No. It's not. War ain't over because one battle is.
- Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi: Then we fight.
- Colonel Dugan: [surprised/obliges] Oh yes. [takes cap off to reveal tough bald head] I'm gonna put your lights out. [Dugan grabs Miyagi's shirt and prepares to strike him but Miyagi easily rips Dugan's hands off. Dugan is shocked; the two then fight and after a moment it's over]
- Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi: [holding Dugan to ground and preparing to strike him] Now time to put your lights out. [Mr. Miyagi instead lets him go. Dugan is very embarrassed. The students go up to him disappointed]
- Ned: You said, you had all the answers, Colonel. [pause] You were wrong.
- Who says the good guy has to be a guy?
- It's ancient wisdom against teenage spunk. 1,000 years of karate tradition is about to get a kick in the pants.
- Pat Morita - Sgt Lesuke Miyagi
- Hilary Swank - Julie Pierce
- Michael Ironside - Colonel Dugan
- Constance Towers - Louisa Pierce
- Chris Conrad - Eric McGowan