The Originals (TV series)
The Originals (2013–present) is an American TV series that began airing on The CW during the 2013–14 American television season. The series premiere aired after The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, October 3, 2013.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Cast
- 3 External links
- Rebekah: (caustically) Well, the French Quarter witches are not a lot to be trifled with. You don't suppose they've found a way to kill him once and for all, do you?
- Elijah: Rebekah, in the name of our family, you might try to dial down your glee.
- Rebekah: What family? We are three distrustful acquaintances who happen to share a bloodline.
- Rebekah: Where are you going?
- Elijah: (adamant) To find out who's making a move against our brother, and then... I'll either stop them, or I'll help them. Depending on my mood.
- Klaus: (without looking) Evening, Elijah.
- Elijah: Niklaus.
- Klaus: What an entirely unwelcome surprise.
- Elijah: And what an entirely unsurprising welcome.
- Sophie: Marcel may be able to keep us from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance, we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift, of sensing when a girl is pregnant.
- Klaus: Your town?
- Marcel: Damn straight.
- Klaus: (staunchly) That's funny. Because when I left 100 years ago, you were just a pathetic little scrapper still trembling from the lashes of the whips of those who would keep you down, and now look at you. Master of your domain. Prince of the city. I'd like to know how.
- Marcel: Why? Jealous? Hey, man, I get it. 300 years ago, you helped build a backwater penal colony into something. You started it, but then you left. Actually, you ran from it. I saw it through. Look around. Vampires rule the city now. We don't have to live in the shadows like rats. The locals know their place. They look the other way. I got rid of the werewolves. I even found a way to shut down the witches. The blood never stops flowing and the party never ends. You want to pass on through? You want to stay a while? Great. What's mine is yours, but it is mine. My home, my family, my rules.
- Klaus: And if someone breaks those rules?
- Marcel: They die. Mercy is for the weak. You taught me that, too. And I'm not the Prince of the Quarter, friend. I'm the king! Show me some respect!
- Klaus: I forgot how much I liked this town.
- Elijah: I didn't forget. All the centuries we've spent together, and yet I can count on one hand the number of times that our family has been truly happy. I hated leaving here.
- Klaus: As did I.
- Elijah: What is on your mind, brother?
- Klaus: (determined) For a thousand years, I lived in fear. Any time I settled anywhere, our father would hunt me down and... chase me off. He made me feel powerless, and I hated it. This town was my home once, and in my absence, Marcel has gotten everything that I ever wanted. Power, loyalty, family. I made him in my image and he has bettered me. I want what he has. I want to be king.
- Elijah: And what about Hayley and the baby?
- Klaus: (resolute) Every king needs an heir.
Always and Forever [1.01]
- Elijah: Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty. That's power!
House of the Rising Son [1.02]
Tangled Up in Blue [1.03]
Girl in New Orleans [1.04]
Sinners and Saints [1.05]
Fruit of the Poisoned Tree [1.06]
- Joseph Morgan - Klaus Mikaelson
- Daniel Gillies - Elijah Mikaelson
- Claire Holt - Rebekah Mikaelson
- Phoebe Tonkin - Hayley
- Charles Michael Davis - Marcel Gerard
- Danielle Pineda - Sophie Deveraux
- Leah Pipes - Camille
- Danielle Campbell - Davina
- Eka Darville - Diego
- Callard Harris - Thierry
- Malaya Rivera Drew - Jane-Anne Deveraux
- The Originals official site