The Outer Limits
This page is for quotations from The Outer Limits Television series.
Original Series (1963-1965)
- There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.
- It is said that if you move a single pebble on the beach, you set up a different pattern, and everything in the world is changed. It can also be said that love can change the future, if it is deep enough, true enough, and selfless enough. It can prevent a war, prohibit a plague, keep the whole world... whole.
- What difference does it make, whether it's 20 minutes or 20 years, since neither amounts to the faintest echo of the tiniest whisper in the thunder of time.
- Better to die than to sit and watch the world die.
New Series (1995-2002)
- A poet once wrote, "In dreams begins responsibility." So too, perhaps, with love. Without the hope for a better life, a brighter future, it is difficult for love to flourish, and without love, there are no dreams.
- A safe place, warm and quiet; a place to rest and recover. When all is said and done, isn't that what we all want... a safe place in someone's home, or someone's heart?
- Buried deep within the heart of every conflict... lies a territory known as "Common Ground". But how do we summon the courage to seek out its borders?
- If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be.
- Sometimes to uncover what is hidden we must first be made to look.
- The wounds of war run deep, cutting across generations. But there is always the hope of healing, so long as there are souls among us whose hearts are more full of love than hate.
- Throughout history the search for faith has led men to look to the stars for answers. But only by looking into ourselves may we find it.
- We rely on others to inform us, but wisdom can never be taught. And we must always decide the truth for ourselves.
- There's always one moment in childhood, when the door opens and lets in the future.
- As our scientific knowledge expands so do the borders of our explorations, ultimately moving beyond the bounds of three dimensions.