The Rugrats Movie
The Rugrats Movie is a 1998 American animated film, produced by Nickelodeon Movies and Klasky Csupo. The film was distributed by Paramount Pictures and first released in theaters in the United States on November 20, 1998.
Based on the popular 1990s animated Nickelodeon series, Rugrats, this film introduced Tommy's baby brother Dil Pickles, who was named after Didi Pickles' cousin, and appeared in the original series the next year.
- Angelica: You know, not all dogs go to heaven.
- Tommy: We're off the see the lizard.
- Tommy: Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of yum!
- Phil: Thank Bob!
- Lil: Thank you, Bob!
- Phil: I didn't know she could fly.
- Lil: I think it's cause she's a witch.
- Grandpa Lou: In my day, all we did was throw rocks at each other. Big bag of dirt clods- that's what the kids want.
[Stu is working on his latest invention to enter in a contest]
- Drew: What is it, and electric sponge?
- Stu: Of course not... That was last year.
- Stu: Okay, maybe real fire isn't the best idea for a children's toy.
[Reporter Rex Pester displays photos as he talks]
- Rex Pester: Young Tammy, Baby Dale, the twins Bill and Jill, Little Chunky, and poor sweet Amelia all vanished without a trace.
[Angelica appears wearing Sherlock Holmes clothes]
- Angelica: They've taken Cynthia, Spike. Come on, you're gonna be my Butthound.
- Igor: [getting of circus train] Serge, you stay here and watch monkeys; I get us coffee.
- Serge: No, no, no, Igor, YOU stay and watch monkeys; I get us coffee.
- Igor: Nien! Monkeys watch YOU; I GET COFFEE!
- Serge: [later, drinking coffee] You know, I think coffee is better in St. Petersburg.
- Igor: No, it is better in Kiev.
- Serge: No; it is better in St. Petersburg.
- Igor: NOTHING is better in St. Petersburg!
- Minka: [after seeing the "Underwater Conversion Room"] She havink a BABY, not a gefilte fish!
- Charlotte: You know what they say: "Born under Venus, look for a..."
- Charlotte: Hello?
- Chuckie: Hey, you guys, help me! The monkeys is trying to take Tommy's brother!
- Phil: ...So?
- Lil: I think your brother's broked!
- Tommy: Oh no! Dil, are you ok?
- (Dil grunts and shakes around)
- Dil: (Happily) Poopy!
- Tommy: (confused) What?
- Dil: (grunts in pressure, and then says it loudly) POOPY! (makes poop sound)
- Everyone: EWWWWWW!
- Tommy: Well, looks like we'll have to change his diapie!
- Phil: (scoffs) What do you mean, "we?"
- E.G. Daily as Tommy Pickles
- Tara Charendoff as Dil Pickles
- Christine Cavanaugh as Chuckie Finster
- Kath Soucie as Phil and Lil DeVille
- Cheryl Chase as Angelica Pickles
- Jack Riley as Stu Pickles
- Melanie Chartoff as Didi Pickles
- Busta Rhymes as Reptar Wagon
- Joe Alaskey as Grandpa Lou
- Michael Bell as Drew Pickles / Chas Finster
- Kath Soucie as Betty DeVille
- Tress MacNeille as Charlotte Pickles
- Cree Summer as Susie Carmichael
- Michael Bell as Grandpa Boris
- Melanie Chartoff as Grandma Minka
- Phil Proctor as Howard DeVille
- David Spade as Ranger Frank
- Whoopi Goldberg as Ranger Margaret
- Tim Curry as Rex Pester
- Roger Clinton, Jr. as Air Crewman
- Margaret Cho as Lt. Klavin
- Edie McClurg as Nurse
- Charlie Adler as United Express driver
- Gregg Berger as Circus TV announcer
- Tony Jay as Dr. Lipschitz
- Frank Welker (uncredited) as The Wolf and The Circus Monkeys
- Lenny Kravitz
- Lou Rawls
- Iggy Pop
- Lisa Loeb
- Gordon Gano
- Fred Schneider
- Patti Smith
- Kate Pierson
- Jakob Dylan
- Dawn Robinson
- Laurie Anderson
- Cindy Wilson