The Secret of NIMH
- Directed by Don Bluth. Story adaptation by Don Bluth, Gary Goldman, John Pomeroy and Will Finn (from the book Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
- [after lighting a candle] Jonathan Brisby was killed today while helping with the plan. It is four years since our departure from NIMH, and our world is changing. We cannot stay here much longer. [While writing words in a book] Jonathan was a dear friend. I am lost in knowing how to help his widow. She knows nothing of us or the plan. [Reloading ink for fountain pen] Perhaps best that I do nothing at present. [As he quickly writes signature] I shall miss him. [Holding and looking at amulet] Jonathan, wherever you are, your thoughts must comfort her tonight. She’ll be waiting, and you will not return. [as he puts away amulet in a case, closing it] Farewell, my friend.
- [when he gives Mrs. Brisby the amulet, and again later when she discovers its power] Courage of the heart is very rare. The stone has a power when it’s there.
- [repeated line] Excuse me. Pardon me.
- Right. When you're right, you're right. And you're right.
- If I had actually been near a cat, I'd be sneezing my brains out. [as Dragon, the Fitzgibbons' cat, comes closer] See, I'm allergic to—kaa... I'm allergic to—kay... I'm allergic to uh... hmm... hmm... hmm... Ah-choo!
- [mesmerized by the amulet] A sparkley!
- Cast not pearls before swine, I always say, and that includes impudent piglets. Good day!
- [responding to Mrs. Brisby] I came here to inform you that the frost is off the ground, and moving day is at hand. Prepare to move your very, very odd family. Good day!
- Friends, tonight we journey to Thorn Valley. We will leave no tracks... no evidence that the rats of NIMH ever existed. Come...
- [inside a derelict tractor]
- Mrs. Brisby: Mr. Ages, I know you don't like visitors, but this is an emergency. Please--
- [Suddenly an explosion shatters the tractor, sending Mr. Ages down in a basket. Mrs. Brisby comes over to him as he nears the basket.]
- Mr. Ages: Ma--[coughs] — Madam, that is an emergency!
- Jeremy: [after splashing in water] Excuse me. Pardon me. [coughs]
- Mrs. Brisby: You keep making all that noise and Dragon will hear you, if he hasn't already.
- Jeremy: Wouldn't you sing too, I mean... [flapping his wings and drying himself off] if you felt... [laughs] if you felt the call of the wild?
- Mrs. Brisby: I would- [lowers her voice] I would not, if I knew there was a cat nearby. [snapping string with teeth and setting Jeremy's claw free]
- Jeremy: But she's out there somewhere, and when I find her, I'll feel it, way down in my wishbone. I-- What cat?
- [Twice during the film]
- Auntie Shrew: Brisby!
- Teresa: Oh, Auntie Shrew.
- Cynthia: Oh, Auntie.
- Martin: Oh, no!
- Teresa: [long after Auntie Shrew has gone] What are you doing here?
- Jeremy: It's a good question, but don't ask. The legs. The legs! The legs! [collapses with a thud]
- Cynthia: [mournfully, coming up to Jeremy's beak] Oh, the poor turkey fell down!
- [As Nicodemus and Mrs. Brisby leave]
- Sullivan: I don't get it.
- Jenner: [snickering] With Nicodemus out of the way, what's to stop us from taking over?
- Sullivan: Jenner, you can't kill Nicodemus.
- Jenner: No taste for blood, huh? [flicks Sullivan on the nose] They've taken the animal out of you.
- Sullivan: What if we're discovered?
- Jenner: Listen. The Brisby house is a large cement block. In the moving, what if it should fall?
- Sullivan: An accident?
- Jenner: Of course! Cut the lines, and the weight of it will crush his bones.
- Sullivan: It's risky.
- Jenner: Once rid of Nicodemus, the plan will die. We can stay here as long as we like.
- Sullivan: What about Justin?
- Jenner: Leave him to me... [echoing] to me... to me...
- Jenner: Hear me! The Thorn Valley plan is the aspiration of idiots and dreamers! We...! [Laughs] We were just talking about you.
- Justin: That's refreshing, Jenner. Usually you're screaming about us.
- Justin: It was you! You did it! You killed Nicodemus. That was no accident!
- Jenner: Yes! I killed him. He wanted to destroy everything! I've learned this much: take what you can...when you can!
- Justin: Then you've learned nothing!
- Timmy: [from inside his room] Mommy, I'm tired of bed. I want to get up.
- Mrs. Brisby: [responding from outside] Well, you're not getting up.
- Elizabeth Hartman - Mrs. Brisby
- John Carradine - Great Owl
- Dom DeLuise - Jeremy
- Derek Jacobi - Nicodemus
- Arthur Malet - Mr. Ages
- Hermione Baddeley - Auntie Shrew
- Peter Strauss - Justin
- Paul Shenar - Jenner
- Aldo Ray - Sullivan
- Shannen Doherty - Teresa Brisby
- Jodi Hicks - Cynthia Brisby
- Wil Wheaton - Martin Brisby
- Ian Fried - Timothy "Timmy" Brisby