The Swarm (film)
- [About the killer bees] We have been invaded, by an enemy far more lethal than any human force.
- We've been fighting a losing battle against the insects for fifteen years, but I never thought I'd see the final face-off in my lifetime. And I never dreamed, that it would turn out to be the bees. They've always been our friend.
- Bees, bees, what a lot of bees.
- Houston on fire. Will history blame me, or the bees?
- By tomorrow there will be no more Africans... at least not in the Houston sector.
- Attention! Attention! This is Miss Schuster. Please listen very carefully. A swarm of killer bees is coming this way.
- [Crane has found something at the ravaged picnic site]
- Brad Crane: [Holding it up] Plastic. It's a piece of a plastic cup. There are pieces all around here. [He starts pointing out the other fragments] Look. Look, there. There. There.
- General Slater: What's so significant about that?
- Brad Crane: I'm afraid to speculate. But, I think, the bees, did this.
- General Slater: Are you saying these bees eat plastic?
- Brad Crane: No, no.But I'm wondering. Your American Honeybee has a weak mouth, that couldn't even break the skin, of a grape. But it looks like this species, is tearing up, plastic cups, possibly to line their hives. Now, if this is true, they didn't, just get here. I mean, the invasion, didn't, just now begin. They have been here some time. Breeding. Increasing.
- General Slater: So?
- Brad Crane: Well, suppose these bees, are using plastic, to insulate their hives.
- General Slater: No bee is that smart.
- Brad Crane: Suppose these African bees are.
- [As helicopters drop special sound-emitting floats to attract the swarm to its doom]
- Helena: Won't the noise of the helicopters drown out your sound?
- Brad Crane: No. It's an entirely different sonic level.
- Dr. Andrews: Billions of dollars have been made to make these nuclear plants safe, FAIL safe! The odds of anything going wrong are astronomincal, doctor.
- Dr. Hubbard: I appreciate that, Doctor. But let me ask you. In all your fail-safe techniques, is there a provision for an attack by killer bees?
- It's more than a speculation - it's a prediction!
- ... is here!
- Monsters by the millions - and they're all for real!
- This is more than a movie. It's a prediction!
- The most terrifying thing about THE SWARM is that it is based on Fact: It exists. Fact: It has awesome destructive power. Fact: We don't know how to stop it.
- Michael Caine — Brad Crane
- Katharine Ross — Helena
- Richard Widmark — General Slater
- Richard Chamberlain — Dr. Hubbard
- Olivia de Havilland — Maureen Schuster
- Ben Johnson — Felix
- Lee Grant — Anne MacGregor
- Jose Ferrer — Dr. Andrews
- Patty Duke Astin — Rita
- Slim Pickens — Jud Hawkins
- Bradford Dillman — Major Baxter
- Fred MacMurray — Clarence
- Henry Fonda — Dr. Walter Krim