The White Stripes
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The nurse should not be the one who puts salt in your wounds
But it's always with trust that the poison is fed with a spoon
- I blew it
And if I knew what to do, then I'd do it
But the point that I have, I'll get to it
That forever for her is over for me
Just the word that she said that means never
To be with another together
And with the weight of a feather it tore into me.
- My friends are all dying, and death can't be lying
It's the truth and it don't make a noise.
- Well strip the bark right off a tree and just hand it this way
Don't even need a drink of water to make the headache go away
Give me a sugar pill and watch me just rattle down the street
You see the medicine
Oh girl, you have no faith in medicine.
- Icky thump with the lump in my throat
Grabbed my coat and I was freaking, I was ready to go
Yeah, I swear, beside the hair she had one white eye
One blank stare, lookin' up, lyin' there
- [From [icky thump]]
- Listen master can I ask you a question
Is it the fingers, or the brain
that you're teaching this lesson?
- Well I never said I wouldn't throw my jacket in the mud for you
but my father gave it to me so maybe I should carry you
Then you said "You almost dropped me" so then I did
and I got mud on my shoes.
- Come and tell me what you're thinking
'Cause just when the boat is sinking
A little light is blinking
And I will come and rescue you.
- Soft hair and a velvet tongue
I wanna give you what you give to me
And every breath that is in your lungs is a tiny little gift to me.
- All the words are gonna bleed from me, and I will sing no more.
- And I love my sister
Lord knows how I've missed her
She loves me
And she knows I won't forget
And sometimes I get jealous
Of all her little pets
And I get lonely, but I ain't that lonely yet
- The White Stripes were part of a wave of retro-minded young bands who gave rock music a much-needed jolt in the first few years of the 21st century, but they're less nostalgic bashers than a brilliant conceptual creation: a divorced Detroit couple who masqueraded as brother and sister, named themselves after their band (or vice versa), wore alternating white-and-red outfits, and rewired the blues for the new generation.
- I like them, but I don't see how they're in any way a manifestation of the blues.