|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- To be good is to be forgotten. I'm going to be so bad I'll always be remembered.
- As quoted in "The Confessions of Theda Bara" by Agnes Smith, Photoplay Magazine, Vol. 18 No. 1 (June 1920), pp. 57–58, 110–111
- The reason good women like me and flock to my pictures is that there is a little bit of vampire instinct in every woman.
- Reportedly said around the time of her retirement, circa 1926, as quoted in Women, Women, Women: Quips, Quotes, and Commentary (1977) by Leta W. Clark, p. 16
Quotes about Bara
- After Theda Barra appeared in A Fool There Was, a vampire wave surged over the country. Women appeared in vampire gowns, pendant earrings, and even young girls were attempting to change from frank, open-eyed ingenues to the almond-eyed, carmine-lipped woman of subtlety and mystery.