From "1991: The Year Punk Broke"
- "Tonight I am going to defecate on stage because I think that is the only way to express the nature of my soul according to rock and roll."
- "People of the universe... tonight, tonight will be night that the skies will open and spray forth the divine hand with pointed finger and say, "Everybody, you're not just a duck! -- you are human! YOU ARE HUMAN!" Go forth! Go forth and thrash!"
- "Destroy the record companies. Do you not agree?"
- "To me... I need this elixir of... skinhead violence" (When asked about his soup)
- "...and I'm just gonna get a shotgun, and just do it. Just do it, baby." (During interview)
- "I consider myself more... fucked up than I could ever imagine myself being!"
- "Can't... take... anymore" (Overwhelmed by talking gorilla robots)
- "Like an arm holding a baby's apple"
- "My mind is turning into kind of a fine gelatinous ball of pepper"
- "Thank you all for coming out tonight.... and if you have any money left, you can buy one of our T-shirts.... but whatever you do...uhh...do the right thing!"
- "This song is called "We're Sonic Youth and You're Steve Albini!" 1-2-3-4!"
- "It's like growing up on stage.... or like throwing up on stage." -about the soundcheck, Salt Lake City, UT, August 2009
- "With these reissues, listening to these tapes, it seemed very crude to me. There's no way I'd ever want to play like that again."
- "We're like old people now playing music. I'm so glad we stuck it out because it's a lot better. I used to feel kind of anxious. Now our apprenticeship is over."
- "We always try to encourage more songs sung by Kim, because there are always requests for it. I certainly don't want to ball hog all the singing."
- "Rock 'n' roll saved my soul."
- "Some of the most wonderful moments for me musically were machine made and plastic."
- "I certainly don't sit around in the morning making pancakes listening to Whitehouse or anything."
- "Hits are for squares."
- "People say Yoko Ono broke up the Beatles. I don't know. I'm glad if she did. She should have broken up the Rolling Stones while she was at it."
- "I'm hungry! I'm hungry, and I could eat a pig's head!"
- "I was pissed with puke globbing out of my nose."
- ""I saw some band who had a poster for a show with the line 'The Sex Pistols weren't enough'.. I told Glenn [Branca] about it and he said, 'The Sex Pistols were MORE than enough!' ..... That's when I knew I had to get away from the old men in the scene."