- 1 Song lyrics
- 1.1 Not a Moment Too Soon (1994)
- 1.2 All I Want (1995)
- 1.3 Everywhere (1997)
- 1.4 A Place in the Sun (1999)
- 1.5 Set This Circus Down (2001)
- 1.6 Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors (2002)
- 1.7 Live Like You Were Dying (2004)
- 1.8 Let It Go (2008)
- 1.9 Southern Voice (2009)
- 1.10 Number One Hits (2010)
- 1.11 Emotional Traffic (2012)
- 1.12 Two Lanes of Freedom (2013)
- 1.13 Sundown Heaven Town (2014)
- 2 External links
Not a Moment Too Soon (1994)
- You can have a lot of fun in a New York minute.
But there's some things you can't do inside those city limits.
Ain't no closing time, ain't no cover charge.
Just country boys and girls gettin' down on the farm.
- I'm down here in Mexico, sick as a dog.
My head is poundin' in this border town fog.
Down to my last dime and comin' apart at the seams.
I've messed up in Mexico, livin' on refried dreams.
All I Want (1995)
- I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
I try so hard, I can't rise above it.
Don't know what it is 'bout that little gal's lovin', but I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
- Just to see you smile, I'd do anything.
That you wanted me to when all is said and done.
I'd never count the cost.
It's worth all that's lost.
Just to see you smile.
- I'm gonna live where the green grass grows, watch my corn pop up in rows.
Every night, be tucked in close to you.
Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed.
Point our rocking chairs towards the west.
Plan our dreams where the peaceful river flows.
Where the green grass grows.
A Place in the Sun (1999)
- I had a barbecue stain on my white T-shirt.
She was killin' me in that mini-skirt.
Skipping rocks on the river by the railroad tracks.
She had a suntan line and red lipstick.
I work so hard for that first kiss and a heart don't forget, something like that.
- You're more than another, there could never be another. To make you feel the way you do.
Ohh, we just get closer. I'd fall in love all over. Every time I look at you.
I don't know where I'd be, without you here with me.
Life with you makes perfect sense, my best friend.
Set This Circus Down (2001)
- The urge to run, the restlessness.
The heart of stone I sometimes get.
The things I've done for foolish pride.
The me that's never satisfied.
That face that's in the mirror.
When I don't like what I see.
I guess that's just the cowboy in me.
- Now it feels like no one ever left me out in the rain, cold words still remain unspoken.
And I never got lost, spent years in the dark.
You're here, now my heart's unbroken.
When I see you smile, fill my soul again, and I'm unbroken.
- She's my kind of rain, hey, hey-hey.
Like love from a drunken sky-aye-yai-yai.
Confetti falling down on mine.
She's my kind of rain.
- I may be a real bad boy, but baby, I'm a real good man.
- And all I wanna do is let it be and be with you and watch the wind blow by.
And all I wanna see is you and me go on forever like the clear blue sky.
Slowly, there's only you and I.
And all I wanna do is watch the wind blow by.
Live Like You Were Dying (2004)
- I went skydiving, I went rocky mountain climbling, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Blue Manchu.
And I loved deeper, and I spoke sweeter, and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying.
And he said "Someday, I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying."
- Back when a hoe was a hoe.
Coke was a coke.
And crack's what you were doing.
When you were cracking jokes.
Back when a screw was a screw.
The wind was all that blew.
And when you said I'm down with that.
Well, it meant you had the flu.
I miss back when.
I miss back when.
I miss back when.
- One, two, three like a bird I sing, 'cause you given me the most beautiful set of wings.
I'm so glad you're here today, 'cause tomorrow I might have to go and fly away. Fly away, fly away, fly away, fly away.
Southern Voice (2009)
- Girl, you don't know what you're puttin' through. It's a business doing pleasure, a business doing pleasure with you.
- Smooth as the hickory wind that blows from Memphis down to Apalachicola.
It's "Hi, y'all, did you eat well? Come on in, I'm sure glad to know ya."
Don't let this old gold cross and this Allman Brothers t-shirt throw ya.
It's cicadas making noise with the Southern voice.
Number One Hits (2010)
- Ooh, ooh, ooh, I wanna go crazy, you can go crazy too.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I wanna go crazy, I wanna go crazy with you.
Everybody sayin' "Woah, how sweet it is. Woah."
Yeah, it felt good on my lips.
Emotional Traffic (2012)
- I ain't no angel, I still got a few more dances with the devil.
I'm cleaning up my act little by little.
I'm getting there. I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see.
I ain't as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.
Two Lanes of Freedom (2013)
- She slides in and you rode down Main Street, you turn right when that red light turns green.
Sun sets now, you're half way to heaven.
She picks a song, you turn it up to 11, you say "Do you wanna?" and she says "Hell yeah." So you hit the party, all your buddies are jealous.
Someday, you'll be looking back on your life at the memories, this is gonna be one of those nights.
- Kisses sweeter than Tupelo honey.
Little bit crazy like New Orleans.
Memphis blue and Daytona sunny.
Soft as cotton in some cut-off jeans.
Don't you know, ain't nothing in the whole wide world like a Southern girl.
Sundown Heaven Town (2014)
- Meanwhile back at mama's.
The porch light's on, come in if you wanna.
Supper's on the stove and beer's in the fridge.
Red sun sinkin' out low on the ridge.
Games on the tube and daddy smokes cigarettes.
Whiskey keeps his whistle wet.
Funny the things you thought you'd never miss.
In a world gone crazy as this.
- I don't ever wanna wake up, looking into someone else's eyes.
Another voice calling me baby on the other end of the phone.
A new girl putting on her makeup before dinner on Friday night.
No, I don't ever wanna know. Oh, oh.
No other shotgun rider, beside me, singin' to the radio.
Oh, oh. Oh, oh.