Tora! Tora! Tora!
- Directed by Richard Fleischer and Kinji Fukasaku. Written by Larry Forester, Hideo Oguni and Ryuzo Kikushima.
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto 
- I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.
Admiral Chuichi Nagumo 
- [addressing the fleet before the launch] The Commander-in-Chief has sent us a message wishing us good luck. That, plus the Imperial Proclamation, has undoubtedly stirred your loyalty to the Empire. The success of this mission depends on surprise. If we achieve it, the code words "Tora, Tora, Tora" will be sent out. Now that the battle draws near, I will not burden you with the usual pep talk. Instead I shall hoist the famous "Z Flag," beneath which, Commander-in-Chief Togo led his fleet to victory in the historic battle against the Russians.
- [Before the arrival honors for Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto aboard the battleship Nagato, a number of officers exchange banter about his appointment]
- Lt Cdr Mitsuo Fuchida: I hope our new commander-in-chief isn't the coward they say he is.
- Officer #1: Whatever they say, Yamamoto is the kind of leader they need. He believes in the value of the airplane.
- Officer #2: But why a vice-Navy minister for such an important position?
- Officer #3: Maybe the climate in Tokyo was detrimental to Yamamoto's health. The Army is against him for opposing their policies.
- Fuchida: So he runs away. Now he has the entire fleet to guard him. [officers laugh]
- [Aboard the Akagi bridge, an officer reads to Admiral Nagumo a message passed down from the radio room]
- IJN Officer: Sir, a message! [Nagumo turns around]
- Admiral Nagumo: Proceed.
- IJN Officer: [reads message sheet] From Commander-in-Chief, Combined Fleet to Commander, Third Fleet...climb Mount Niitaka.
- Nagumo: Hostilities will begin on December 7th, exactly as scheduled. [Bridge officers nod]
- [Aboard the Akagi, an Imperial Japanese Navy officer shows silhouettes of American warships as part of a ship-recognition quiz.]
- IJN Pilots: [Officer shows flashcard of battleship] Pennsylvania! [second card of battleship] Oklahoma! [a flashcard of an aircraft carrier is displayed]
- Single IJN Pilot: Enterprise!!
- IJN Officer: [in Japanese] No, you idiot! It's the Akagi, your own flagship! [Other pilots tease the quick-answering pilot]
- [The Opana Point radar station's crew alerts the Pearl Harbor command center about an incoming flight of planes]
- Pvt. George Elliot: Sir, this is Private Elliot at Opana Point. There's a large formation of planes coming in from the north - 140 miles, three degrees east.
- Lt. Kermit Tyler: Yeah? Well ... Don't worry about it. [Hangs up]
- [Capt John Earle reacts to Lt Kaminsky's report about the USS Ward's sinking of a Japanese midget sub.]
- Capt. John Earle: Confirmation, Kaminsky. I want confirmation.
- [Later, after arriving at the office, Earle is shocked to see the entire fleet on fire]
- Lt. Kaminsky: You wanted confirmation, Captain? Take a look! There's your confirmation!
- [Secretary of State Cordell Hull finishes reading the 14-part message from Japanese Ambassadors Nomura and Kurusu about breaking of US-Japan negotiations after learning of the attack.]
- Cordell Hull: In all my 50 years of public service, I have never seen a document so crowded with infamous falsehoods and distortions, on a scale so huge that I never imagined until today that any government on this planet was capable of uttering them.
- Amb. Kichisaburo Nomura: [pleading] Mr. Hull...
- Hull: [wearily] Go.
- Martin Balsam - Adm. Husband Kimmel
- Jason Robards - Gen Walter Short
- So Yamamura - Adm Isoroku Yamamoto
- Shogo Shimada - Amb. Kichisaburo Nomura