Total Recall is an American science fiction film released on June 1, 1990, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, directed by Paul Verhoeven and written by Ronald Shusett, Dan O'Bannon, Jon Povill and Gary Goldman. It was based on the novelette We Can Remember It for You Wholesale by Philip K. Dick.
- [after severing Richter's arms at the elevator] See ya at the party, Richter!
- [chances upon another pair of guards after fooling Richter and company with the hologram-bracelet] Ha ha ha, you think this is the real Quaid? [guards look behind them] It is! [Quaid shoots the guards]
- [Richter visits Martian Administrator Vilos Cohaagen]
- Richter: [sees stoic face] You wanted to see me sir?
- Vilos Cohaagen: Richter, do you know why I'm such a happy person?
- Richter: No, sir.
- Cohaagen: Because I have one of the greatest jobs in the solar system. As long as the turbinium keeps flowing, I can do anything I want. Anything! [rises from his desk and approaches Richter] In fact, the only thing I worry about is, one day, if the rebels win, it all might end. [points finger in Richter's face] And you're fucking MAKING IT HAPPEN! First, you tried to kill Quaid and then you let him get away.
- Richter: He had help from our side, sir.
- Cohaagen: I know that.
- Richter: But, I thought -
- Cohaagen: Who told you to THINK? I don't give you enough information to think! You do as you're told, THAT'S WHAT YOU DO!
- [Dr. Edgemar's trying to explain Quaid's situation and offers a special pill]
- Douglas Quaid: All right, let's say you're telling the truth and this is all a dream, then I could pull this trigger [points gun at Edgemar] and it won't matter.
- Lori: Doug, don't do it.
- Dr. Edgemar: It won't make the slightest difference to me Doug. The consequences to you will be devastating. In your mind, I'll be dead, and with no one to guide you out, you'll be stuck in permanent psychosis.
- Lori: Doug, let Dr Edgemar help you.
- Dr. Edgemar: The walls of reality will come crashing down. One minute, you'll be the savior of the rebel cause; next thing you know, you'll be Cohaagen's bosom buddy. You even have fantasies about alien civilizations as you requested; but in the end, back on Earth, you'll be lobotomized! [tries to let it sink in Quaid] So get a grip on yourself, Doug, and put down that gun!
- [Lori is about to kill Melina but Quaid shoots her dagger off her hand]
- Lori: Doug, honey... you wouldn't hurt me, would you, sweetheart? Sweetheart, be reasonable. After all, we're married!
- Douglas Quaid: [Lori goes for her gun, Quaid shoots her in the head, killing her] Consider that a divorce!
- Melina: That was your wife? [Quaid nods; Melina gets up] What a bitch!
- [Benny has shot Kuato after the security forces storm the Resistance hideout]
- Kuato: Quaid, Quaid...
- Benny: Forget it, man, his fortune-telling days are over.
- Kuato: Start the reactor...free Mars-[Richter guns down Kuato]
- Richter: [To Quaid] Mr Cohaagen would like to talk to you.
- [Quaid and Melina find the terbinium oxygen generator's control room. Quaid prepares to activate it, but...]
- Vilos Cohaagen: Don't touch that! Get away! Get back!
- Douglas Quaid: What are you afraid of? Turn it on.
- Cohaagen: Impossible! Once the reaction starts, it'll spread to all the terbinium in the planet. Mars will go into global meltdown. That's why the aliens never turned it on.
- Quaid: And you expect me to believe you?
- Cohaagen: Who gives a shit what you believe? In 30 seconds you'll be dead and I'll [shows detonator] blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes. [Shoots several inches near Quaid] I didn't want it to end this way, I wanted Hauser back, but no, you had to be Quaid!
- Quaid: I am Quaid.
- Cohaagen: You're nothing! You're nobody! You're a stupid dream! [aims firearm] Well, all dreams come to an end.
- [Quaid and Melina are amazed at the newly terraformed Mars]
- Melina: I can't believe it, it's like a dream. [sees Quaid distraught] What's wrong?
- Douglas Quaid: I just had a terrible thought... what if this is a dream?
- Melina: Well, then, kiss me quick before you wake up!
- They stole his mind. Now he wants it back. Get ready for the ride of your life.
- Your mind is the center of your life. It is everything you hear, everything you see, everything you feel... It is everything you ARE. You wouldn't know if you lost your mind... Would you know if someone STOLE it?
- What if you discovered somebody stole your mind... and there was only one way to get it back?
- In this world, they can steal your mind, erase your memory, and give you another identity. But the most dangerous thing that can happen to you is... TOTAL RECALL.
- He'll show you a side of Mars that no one on Earth has ever seen before... He should be so lucky.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Douglas Quaid/Carl Hauser
- Sharon Stone - Lori
- Rachel Ticotin - Melina
- Ronny Cox - Vilos Cohaagen
- Michael Ironside - Richter
- Marshall Bell - George/Kuato
- Mel Johnson, Jr. - Benny