(Redirected from Tracy Ullman)
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Working with the same people week after week brings out inspiration. You have to have an open discussion or you end up with actors saying fuck you to the writers and writers saying fuck you to the actors.
- Every character I do is based on someone I know. I try to justify every sketch we do. If it's not working, we find someone to talk to who it has happened to.
- What I fear most is that you will know where the laughs are going to come, or that you will know a character so well that you know when they're going to sing a song. In some shows, you just know that the audience is sitting there going "Oh no, she's going to sing."
- They hold onto a small child who's hungry, then go back to their homes and feel good about themselves. That's how I perceive actors getting involved in politics and charities. They want even more attention for themselves, it's in their nature.
- Why does everyone think the future is space helmets, silver foil, and talking like computers, like a bad episode of Star Trek?
Tracey Ullman Live and Exposed
- I'd stand in front of the mirror and talk to myself until I fell asleep, you know. I'd interview myself as women with problems, you know, like, women in documentaries who had three kids and chainsmoked and husbands in prison that hit them! I'd be in the mirror going, [lowers voice] yeah well, you know, it's not easy since Derrin went into prison. My eyes aren't black anymore, but the twins, Tilly and Wayne, you know, they don't stop crying. SHUT UP TILLY SHUT UP TILLY![specific citation needed]
- My mum went and married a really horrible horrible man, who drove a taxi at night and had a sticky-fingered son and he smoked cigars in the toilet. Smelled terrible! Again, there's no therapy, there's no counseling over the whole situation! Just married the maniac. And there was a new person in her bed now, and I couldn't do my nightly performance anymore. I was nine years old and my show had been canceled![specific citation needed]
- I thought, is this what it's all about? Do you have to be blonde and girly and have freckles and a snub-nose and sort of act the coquette in show business? WELL YES![specific citation needed]
- Everybody in Berlin is gay![specific citation needed]
- As we twirled and snapped our fingers, I felt light and airy and fancy-free. Of course I did, I had no bloody panties on! And the cartwheel lift's coming up! And I'm a brunette![specific citation needed]
- Everyone wants to be a star in [America], don't they? You know that they're getting actors and actresses to do those shows, or they just say, "We'll pay you to sit and scream at your girlfriend." And I love when you find the one person who's been on, like, five different shows, so thay can't be used anymore. I was woman with constant rash on Geraldo, and now I'm woman whose boyfriend beats me on Jerry Springer.
- on talk shows
- I was never a child. I was always a menopausal woman in a child's body.